diy hobie pro angler loader

Want to work on your kayak yourself? Need some help or have any advice to offer?
kieran.hart92
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: albany

diy hobie pro angler loader

#1 Post by kieran.hart92 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:55 pm

hi guys.

I'm traveling aus with a caravan a hobie pa 12. I used to have a trailer but knowing the trip was coming up I sold the trailer and started lifting it on to see how easy it was. I soon got sick of lifting it on and off the roof of my ute witch is quiet high because of my canopy. I didn't want to spend a lot of money as I need every cent for the trip so my first shot at it is just with timber with the plan on making something more sturdy when I find what I want.
all I have done is bolt on a boat winch to the rack and the 2 bits of timber with a small hook so they don't slide off the rack.
I have attatched the link for the video and will put some pictures up soon.. any tips to make it better would be appreciated :)
thanks
I'm not sure how to add a link? so I'm guessing I just put this in https://youtu.be/gnJITzrmOao
I will also put up a better more detailed video.
cheers
kieran

johnh
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Bundaberg
Kayaks: Hobie Adventure Island & Revo 13

Re: diy hobie pro angler loader

#2 Post by johnh » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:20 pm

Does the job and would be a heap cheaper than the commercial versions. What size/type of wood are you using?

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

#3 Post by arpie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Hi Kieran

Sounds like you are living the dream!! :gu:

To get the video to load up - make sure you have the 'actual video link' by clicking on the video in your 'playlist', highlight the link & copy & paste it into the post AFTER clicking on the 'youtube' button (last one on the right above the post.) Just make sure you remove the 's' from the 'https'!! (in this case: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnJITzrmOao) And then hit 'preview' to make sure it shows as a Video! :wink:

If the 'youtube' bit has a full stop in it, (youtu.be) it won't load up properly.

cheers

Roberta

THUMPER perch AND Flattie, by the way!!
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

kieran.hart92
KFDU Angler

#4 Post by kieran.hart92 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:56 am

thanks heaps arpie I'm not to flash with computers so I need al the help I van get haha

kieran.hart92
KFDU Angler

#5 Post by kieran.hart92 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:59 am

johnh wrote:Does the job and would be a heap cheaper than the commercial versions. What size/type of wood are you using?
hi john. yeah it only cost 40 bucks roughly. its just 35mmx75mm treated pine I grabbed from a site I was working on. I'm planning on getting some light weight steel or aluminium soon other wise the pine will break soon as it gets weathered. will be a bit embarrassing if that happens haha.
thanks for the reply

Return to “Do It Yourself”