Hobie revo 13 custom seat mod

Want to work on your kayak yourself? Need some help or have any advice to offer?

Hobie revo 13 custom seat mod

Postby canaryfisher » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:24 am

So I can't afford to buy a new hobie and I tried selling my current one a while back with custom outriggers but no luck.
I always got annoyed with the old seat, even had someone add extra padding to it but still would sink down as water would go
into the seat and was like a sponge then I'd be sitting on hard plastic. I wasn't worried about getting wet as I got the lovig kayak fishing
waterproof pants but looking at all these new kayaks not just hobie with these seats like the vantage seat made me a bit jealous.

So I ended up buying a seat for $120 off ebay for a certain kayak "forgot the name" however its the same as the vantage seat so it was way to wide
for the revo 13 and my dad who is a amazing welder said the alloy it used was way to thin to weld on. So we set out to create a custom base and keep the back bit of the chair.

So this is some pics of some progress of it. We still need to do some more stuff and weld some more things but looks pretty nifty.

canaryfisher
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Brisbane
Kayaks: Hobie Revolution 13

Re: Hobie revo 13 custom seat mod

Postby cwsco » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:10 pm

Looks great canary fisher
Let us know how it affects the stability at all with slightly higher
Position when you get it tested
Pbs flathead 73cm bream 42cm whiting 40cm grunter 48cm mulloway 80cm spotty mack 80cm cod 45 cm
cwsco
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: fraser coast
Kayaks: hobie revolution 13 native watercraft slayer 13

Postby Pollycraft » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:46 pm

Very nice. I've been looking at a seat mod for my older Hobie for a little while. Might have to try find that seat online
Cheers,
Brad
Pollycraft
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Armidale, New England and Coffs
Kayaks: Adventure Island

Postby Paulioq » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:03 pm

I had to make an end up for a pop top caravan once and came across bendable stainless steel fromhttp://www.tubesalesqld.com.au/contact/ available in various sizes and the cut to lenth and can be bent in a plumbing tube bender or any other form tube hand bender. I was getting 3/4 inch bendable 316too bend to a radias of 70mm no problem. or you might be able to find bendable aluminum. don't try bending non bendable tube for obvious reasons lol na its probably seam welded tube or some rubbish and splits open or is to stiff and not annealed/soften'd through heating.
Paulioq
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Wynnum

Postby Paulioq » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:11 pm

ah yeah forgot to mention good job looks comfy
Paulioq
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Wynnum

Return to Do It Yourself