Caboolture River

For inquiries please send a PM to Coordinator "Jen"

Caboolture River

Postby pharaoh » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:00 am

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but location considered I thought it would be the best place to ask.

I am looking for a good launch point in the Caboolture river to get to the wier. Looking at the satellite maps I am thinking I may be able to get in at the end of Dux St bellow the wier or perhaps off Esme Ave above. I don't mind a long paddle myself but since I am trying to convince the other half how enjoyable kayak fishing is and since she is not too keen on paddling for hours just yet somewhere close would be ideal.

On another note: At what point up the river does it become fresh water?
Bass: 47cm
Catfish (eel tail): 52cm
Catfish (fork tail): 61cm
Yellow Belly: 47cm
pharaoh
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: SE QLD and Northern NSW
Kayaks: Feel Free X-press Deluxe & and old canadian style canoe

Re: Caboolture River

Postby MattoTarpon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:24 am

cant help mate but i think there are new rules re fishing near and or past weirs so best to check out the new rules.

i am sure some one will pop the link up for you.
Bass - 52cm
Mary River Cod 69cm my dream catch.
Flathead - 64cm Yellowbelly - 54cm
Bream - 38cm Silver Perch - 44cm
Saratoga - 74cm Flounder - 33cm
Whiting - 27cm

ITS A GODDAMN SHARKNADO!!!!!
MattoTarpon
KFDU 3000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Anywhere There Is Bass
Kayaks: Hobie Quest 13 , WS Aspire 105.

Postby oldtimer53 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:04 pm

hey do you want the fresh or salt water side , you can access the fresh from the centenary lakes in morayfield, the salt water access is a fair way down stream at the marina on the beachmere road,cheers gazza.
oldtimer53
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: caboolture river,cabbage tree creek, bribie passage

Postby Feral » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:36 pm

the council have cut a couple of spots in to the bank to launch in the weir, closest to what you want is just behind the tennis courts. Easier launch than the area next to the dual bridges, which is where I have launched in the past.
Downstream, if your fit and agile, you can launch from rafting ground park, just behind the bridge club. Steep access off the rocks requires a bit of a scramble if not high tide. This is in sight of the bottom of the weir, I don't know if they closed off access to the bottom in the last lot of rule changes, there was a lot of stuff in the initial press releases which did not seem to make it in to the final rule changes, like the blanket closures above and below weirs. I cant find that in the new rules, although it was in the press releases.
Feral
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Caboolture

Postby Fishmond » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:37 am

Fresh above weir and salt below. Short st/ Dux street has a launch at the park ( in view of the weir) but it is a courageous launch. Apart from the high tide it is quite a drop to the water and it is a wet launch (completely floating on deep water).
To be honest, the rewards are unlikely to be worth the effort. Although if you are keen on chasing jacks there is a lot of snaggy country downstream. Good luck
Fishmond
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Limbo (between sunny coast and goldie)
Kayaks: Viking Tempo Fisherman/ Seak SiK

Postby Scougz » Thu May 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Has anyone been fishing or know what the fishing is like on Caboolture River before Wararba Creek joins in? Have access and plan on being in this section, being in my backyard makes it very convenient.

Cheers, Scougz.
Scougz
KFDU Angler

Postby Feral » Thu May 21, 2015 6:27 pm

It has been regularly stocked with Bass in to both weirs.
Feral
KFDU 2000 Club

Postby drted » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:56 am

Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread, but does anyone know of any good launch points on the freshwater side that is upstream of the pipe near the arboretum? I've found one on the opposite bank of the Waraba Creek weir, but it's a long slog from the car. The only other one I've found is way upstream at Rocksberg requiring heaps of portage
drted
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Brisbane

Return to Brisbane & Western Districts Kayak Fishing Club