i need to know where to go for jacks.

For inquiries please send a PM to Coordinator "Jen"
chameleon62
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: south brisbane
Kayaks: seabird fisherman 12 and the new mariner 12.5

i need to know where to go for jacks.

#1 Post by chameleon62 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:17 pm

would like to go after jacks but do not know where to go help please i live in brisbane. :cry:

Fishmond
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Limbo (between sunny coast and goldie)
Kayaks: Viking Tempo Fisherman/ Seak SiK

Re: i need to know where to go for jacks.

#2 Post by Fishmond » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:37 pm

me too,
:gu:
Maybe you can come with me and trueblue on our quest to bag our firsts sometime this summer?
Research your local area mate, there is lots on youtube about them.
Cheers
Richo

chris_and
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Somewhere
Kayaks: Quest 11 and fake mantra Noa.

#3 Post by chris_and » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:09 pm

I was planning on hitting Nerang with my mates, seems to be a bit of a hot spot for jacks. I know a spot which iv seen heaps of big jacks come from.
Insta: @ofishal_fishing

imtheman
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: gold coast

#4 Post by imtheman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:47 pm

coomera river mate is the place to be

Jamie D
2015 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales
Kayaks: Vortex VTX 560

#5 Post by Jamie D » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:20 pm

I used to think when someone only specified a system to fish for a species without exact details it was sarcastic , I now realise after being educated by the Brisbane fishing scene into thinking in terms of secrecy , and spot x descriptions, that when someone tells you a system , it's actually pretty generous.

Best of luck

Fishmond
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Limbo (between sunny coast and goldie)
Kayaks: Viking Tempo Fisherman/ Seak SiK

#6 Post by Fishmond » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:42 pm

you are right there Jamie, usually the help given might be along the lines of, " they are there, just gotta find 'em :wink: "

BrettoQld
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Scarborough
Kayaks: Esky Lid

#7 Post by BrettoQld » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:32 pm

BrisbaneJamie wrote:I used to think when someone only specified a system to fish for a species without exact details it was sarcastic , I now realise after being educated by the Brisbane fishing scene into thinking in terms of secrecy , and spot x descriptions, that when someone tells you a system , it's actually pretty generous.

Best of luck
Yes and No, at least publicly. One of the major reasons about not posting a spot is that its a public forum. Anyone can type in the URL and read what's posted. We all know one of the reasons so many shy away from flat out posting a specific spot is that no sooner do you do that, there will be boaties/randoms parked 5 wide every time you go to flick a lure around (at least on the weekends).

I've been given plenty of spots for different species by members of this and other forums. If you fish with them sometimes they'll even give you the specific snags, times, tides, lures etc... Once you've been around for a while or you're an active member of the forum plenty of people are willing to take you around an area which is local to them. Getting out to club days and meeting other members and you're bound to be given spots and giving spots (I was given a new spot for bass and a system for Jacks at the Dohles Rocks club day). A lot of the time the person will even be willing to take you to the system and serve up the fish on platter for you if you really want.

The information sharing at those days is always generous, but you won't see it posted online.

To chameleon, hit the Nerang river, most of the Jacks I've seen caught south of Brisbane were caught there.
Cheers,
Bretto

chameleon62
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: south brisbane
Kayaks: seabird fisherman 12 and the new mariner 12.5

#8 Post by chameleon62 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:56 pm

got it guys :wink: so if you would like to plan a hunt for jacks send me an e-mail at fly-bass-carp-man@hotmail.com :gu: thank you for the help guys. :grin:

Return to “Brisbane & Western Districts Kayak Fishing Club”