First club outing for 2015- the report

For inquiries please send a PM to Coordinator "Jen"

First club outing for 2015- the report

Postby Jen » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:56 pm

Yes I know a major long time since I have reported THATS because 2014 was a crappy year fishing wise for me and it looks like 2015 iS heading in the same direction :lol:
Woke at 445am to the pitter patter of raindrops Brilliant start to the day. Arrived at the boat ramp at Deep Bend and was closely followed by Kareless. The tide had just started to turn so took the sensible option of going against the tide whilst I was fresh and optimistic...that's right I pedaled today instead of leccying :lol: new approach this year KISS. Made my way down river (I think) saying hello to whoever I happened to be passing till I decided i had enough of this thing called exercise and started making the return trip to the boat ramp. I had stolen some prawns off Maxfli113 alias Graeme as I was bored with not getting any bites (yeah insert "learn how to fish" here) and headed off well it was not too long before bites were coming on and the prawns were going off (now I know why I stay with soft plastic :?: ) well was not a long wait till the rod jerked and I woke up and it was game on. Yes yes finally my luck has turned and what a little fighter it was. Oh how I have been longing for this moment I had almost forgotten how it felt to wrestle with hopefully Ed's dinner
image.jpg
. Oh you have to be kidding me REALLY so NOT fair yup you guessed it so I will just show the picture as I refuse to say the "C" fish word
image.jpg
. Not only did that occur but it went on to occur 2 more times :grr: of course I must of parked my self under the only rain cloud so luckily I came prepared
image.jpg

When the sun returned I decided that I had lost interest so I anchored up for a little while and decided to just "chill awhile"
image.jpg

Headed back to the ramp and started setting up for our BBQ grabbed a beer cursed at a crow for stealing things and just waited till the troops came home. Unfortunately the only person to be taking home dinner was Kareless with his Flathead (insert a lot of grumbling here) :lol: thanks guys for attending at least the weather stayed relatively nice and the wind stayed away. Till next time
Cheers
jen
"Devine-but hopeless-goddess"
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jen
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Anywhere there are fish
Kayaks: Hobie Revo ll "Calamity Jen ll"

Re: First club outing for 2015- the report

Postby Hulla » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:18 am

An unproductive but enjoyable mornings fishing, just got a stinky catfish myself and Jess got a couple of female muddies which went back. The solar cooked sausages and after fish chat finished of the morning nicely.
Nice photos Jen.

Dean
Hulla
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Logan Bayside
Kayaks: OK Ultra 4.7 Stealth supalight

Postby lantana » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:43 pm

Thanks for the report Jen, Yes its good to just chill out some times, Love the nails and anklets
Lantana.
lantana
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: South East Queensland

Postby Feral » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:20 pm

But those Pine River trout put up a great fight Jen!
Feral
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Caboolture

Postby Jen » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Feral wrote:But those Pine River trout put up a great fight Jen!

That they did but once I had caught the 1st one excitement was lost when the next 2 came on as I reckoned that if I caught one I'd be catching more :lol:
Jen
KFDU 2000 Club

Postby Penno » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Pine river trout,new tucker for Ed
Signwriter
Penno
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Anywhere
Kayaks: Lilo

Postby Jen » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:09 pm

I'll give up fishing before I consider them a fish :lol:
Jen
KFDU 2000 Club

Postby kareless » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Great report Jen. The flatty was 49.5 cm and filleted out beautifully. She who must be obeyed loved the fact I managed to de-bone it perfectly. We fried it in butter and had it with a lovely home made salad which I topped off with a very cold Carlton Mid Strength.
GLOAT GLOAT :egrin: at least my poor luck is moving away.
See all you guys in March as off to the US for Feb.
Les aka Kareless
Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you!

PB's. Flathead-49cm, trevally-40cm, bream-28cm, freshwater bass-50cm
kareless
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: SE Queensland / Northern NSW
Kayaks: Pedalcraft Pedalfish 10

Return to Brisbane & Western Districts Kayak Fishing Club