Lake Samsonvale - Dud

For inquiries please send a PM to Coordinator "Jen"
Deepseakayaker
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Brisbane

Lake Samsonvale - Dud

#1 Post by Deepseakayaker » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi all,

Recently joined club KFDU, so first post. Went out this morning to Lake Samsonvale, spent all morning flicking every type of lure with no luck, a turtle consumed my brothers lure but no fish. We tried everything and couldn't even get a bite. Does anyone else bother fishing here or is there a better dam nearby. Any info would greatly be appreciated, thanks.

Feral
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Caboolture

Re: Lake Samsonvale - Dud

#2 Post by Feral » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:08 pm

Father and I got 55 Bass and 3 Forkies out there this morning on bait, but it took us most of the morning to find the school we got most of them from, after traveling all the way to the bottom, just getting the odd one here and there, we found them on the first drop off at the bottom of Koala straight on the way back :beye: (see the waypoint in the attached image). We got about 45 here in 2 hours.

Usually North Pine is hard work for lures, although the boys trolling have been getting a few of late. If I am tossing lures I usually go upstream until you get to the old river bed, about another 1km past the power lines. Lots of rock formations and structure up there. Last time I was up there it was getting shallow, only a meter deep in the last section of the flats before you entered the river itself, which still had 2m in it mostly - it should be really good now the water is up 2m.
bass.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Deepseakayaker
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Brisbane

#3 Post by Deepseakayaker » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:51 pm

55! You could of left one for me. Bait must be the way to go. Looks like we were definitely in the wrong spot. Will have to try again soon but thanks heaps for the tips.

mouse
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: SEQ

#4 Post by mouse » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:00 pm

Deepseakayaker wrote:Hi all,

Recently joined club KFDU, so first post. Went out this morning to Lake Samsonvale, spent all morning flicking every type of lure with no luck, a turtle consumed my brothers lure but no fish. We tried everything and couldn't even get a bite. Does anyone else bother fishing here or is there a better dam nearby. Any info would greatly be appreciated, thanks.
I'm guessing you were fishing land based?, if you have a yak or electric powered boat (non combustion engines permitted) you can purchase a boating access scheme permit from PRFMA (Pine Rivers Fish Management Assoc) http://www.prfma.com.au to allow limited access to North Pine, off Adsetts rd.
Try Lake Kurwongbah or North Pine river, heaps of options close to Samsonvale, checkout google maps. :wink:
Cheers,
Kym

Return to “Brisbane & Western Districts Kayak Fishing Club”