For inquiries please send a PM to Coordinator "Jen"
cardd22
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Somerset Dam, Noosa River, College Crossing
Kayaks: Dragon Kayak

Logan River Kayaking

#1 Post by cardd22 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has kayaked and fished in Logan river?

PeterB
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Nepean River,Penrith. Central Coast NSW.

Re: Logan River Kayaking

#2 Post by PeterB » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:34 pm

No sorry have not been there. Look forward to comments.
Peter

J4SE
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Brisbane

#3 Post by J4SE » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:58 pm

I'm keen to give it a go

cardd22
KFDU Angler

#4 Post by cardd22 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:31 am

Will be there this weekend to try my luck. Thinking of bringing a couple of crab pots to drop and doing some fishing while waiting.

cardd22
KFDU Angler

#5 Post by cardd22 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:27 pm

Went to Logan River this morning, I must admit the weather wasn't really great and thought about cancelling.
Paddled around for the first hour trying to find a good place to drop the pots. Then the next 3 hours trying to find where the fish were. In those 3 hours caught nothing but 2 small catfish.

Decided to go back to the car, as I was wet and cold and no fish. As I got closer to the boat ramp, I saw some bait fish jumping out of the water. I thought well I'll give this one more try. First throw was a snag, had to cut the line. Second throw, 2 bream. One was undersized and released the other was 26cm. Decided to give another go and after a few more snags and line cuts, caught 2 more bream (30cm, 31 cm).

I went back to the car afterwards and dumped so gear to make room for the crab pots. Checked the 1st crab pot, nothing. 2nd crab pot, 2 bucks and they were legal size. The trick now was how to put them in the small esky. The first muddie went into the esky without any worries. The 2nd one went into the kayak and snuggled in to the right foot rest. Dilemna, how the hell am I going to get the muddie into the esky. I thought if I grab it really quick and straight to the esky it should be okay. Alas, the muddie is quicker. It latched onto my left ring finger and as I thrashed about in pain, it let go and muddy was back in the water.

So overall, I finished the morning with 3 bream, 1 muddie and a very sore finger.

Next trip, hopefully late January early Feb next year, will try Port of Brisbane

Profish45
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Wellington Point near Brisbane
Kayaks: Viking Profish 45

#6 Post by Profish45 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:54 pm

Very good launch option at gravel boat ramp near prawn farm at Marks Road, down past sugar mill. Good access to Marks rocks and sand banks in that area.

Jamie D
2015 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales
Kayaks: Stealth Profisha 525

#7 Post by Jamie D » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:00 pm

cardd22 wrote:Went to Logan River this morning, I must admit the weather wasn't really great and thought about cancelling.
Paddled around for the first hour trying to find a good place to drop the pots. Then the next 3 hours trying to find where the fish were. In those 3 hours caught nothing but 2 small catfish.

Decided to go back to the car, as I was wet and cold and no fish. As I got closer to the boat ramp, I saw some bait fish jumping out of the water. I thought well I'll give this one more try. First throw was a snag, had to cut the line. Second throw, 2 bream. One was undersized and released the other was 26cm. Decided to give another go and after a few more snags and line cuts, caught 2 more bream (30cm, 31 cm).

I went back to the car afterwards and dumped so gear to make room for the crab pots. Checked the 1st crab pot, nothing. 2nd crab pot, 2 bucks and they were legal size. The trick now was how to put them in the small esky. The first muddie went into the esky without any worries. The 2nd one went into the kayak and snuggled in to the right foot rest. Dilemna, how the hell am I going to get the muddie into the esky. I thought if I grab it really quick and straight to the esky it should be okay. Alas, the muddie is quicker. It latched onto my left ring finger and as I thrashed about in pain, it let go and muddy was back in the water.

So overall, I finished the morning with 3 bream, 1 muddie and a very sore finger.

Next trip, hopefully late January early Feb next year, will try Port of Brisbane
Best report I've read in ages , that's a cracking outing brus

Return to “Brisbane & Western Districts Kayak Fishing Club”