For inquiries please send a PM to Coordinator "Jen"
kareless
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: SE Queensland / Northern NSW
Kayaks: Pedalcraft Pedalfish 10

Mid week outings

#1 Post by kareless » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:47 pm

Gday fellow kayakers,

I am wondering if there are any kdfu'ers that are interested in having some mid week outings on the south side of Brisbane to respond here or to me.
I already do midweekers with the Gold Coast guys and really love it, when she who must be obeyed and I are still in the big smoke.
Some of the venues that I have used are; Manly harbour, Wynnum Creek, Tingalpa creek and Coochiemudlo/Victoria Point.

Hope so of you are interested.

Les :grin:
Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you!

PB's. Flathead-49cm, trevally-40cm, bream-28cm, freshwater bass-50cm

MrPinkie
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Scarborough, Queensland
Kayaks: Hobie Quest 13

Re: Mid week outings

#2 Post by MrPinkie » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:03 pm

Hi mate,

I am keen for mid-week if you want to come up to Scarborough. Only thing is that the fish here seem to bite real early (1/2 hour before first light to 1/2 hour after) and am off water by 6-6:30. Let us know if keen.

hi tide
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Brisbane

#3 Post by hi tide » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:59 pm

Hi guys I am bris but am keen to get off Scarborough pinkie. I am a novice so experience is the best teacher but prefer the open water to the creeks and rivers at present. Do you launch at the boat ramp along flinders pde? I am keen to go when I get a bit of spare time soon.

MrPinkie
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Scarborough, Queensland
Kayaks: Hobie Quest 13

#4 Post by MrPinkie » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:18 am

hi tide wrote:Hi guys I am bris but am keen to get off Scarborough pinkie. I am a novice so experience is the best teacher but prefer the open water to the creeks and rivers at present. Do you launch at the boat ramp along flinders pde? I am keen to go when I get a bit of spare time soon.
Hi mate I'm still a novice too, but I've been out every 2nd day or so for the last 3 weeks and it has certainly gotten a lot easier.

I personally launch at Pirate Park on Scarborough Beach - it is a nice launch zone and you can easily wheel (or drag I suppose if you don't have a trolley) your kayak the small walk from the grass to beach. You don't have to go out too far (certainly not all the way up to North Reef anyways) to get a good a bag of fish. Been catching some good Snapper, Sweetlip & Cod from the reefy areas just off there and Flathead further down towards Queens Beach in the sandy spots in close to shore.

hi tide
KFDU Angler

#5 Post by hi tide » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:33 pm

Sounds great mate . Just the sort of trip I'm looking for. Not too far at present till I get out a few more times.
Send me a PM when you are going out This week and I will organise a timeand some finer details
Cheers

sinking_ships
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: manly

#6 Post by sinking_ships » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi there
I am new to kayak fishing. I have gone out on both coochiemudlo and Scarborough. I do shift work so most of my free time is week days. Just fire off a message if your heading out on a weekday adventure

Michal Duzynski
KFDU Angler

#7 Post by Michal Duzynski » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi
Anybody keen to join me for a paddle on Tuesday?
I have to drop my little one to school first, so leaving Brisbane at 9am and planing to be on the water max by 10.30 for 4h session. Dont know where to go yet though???
Cheers
Mike

Return to “Brisbane & Western Districts Kayak Fishing Club”