17th MAY AT BAYVIEW is there anybody out there

For general inquiries please PM Moderator nitefr8
nigel
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: sydney & surrounding areas
Kayaks: dag midway,DD3 max ski,stellar S18S ski

17th MAY AT BAYVIEW is there anybody out there

#1 Post by nigel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:10 am

Nothings happened for months what are peoples thoughts is their no interest in this chapter any more is the organising too much for one person (should the burden be shared) or maybe keep it low key post intentions on this page & co-ordinating fishing trips OK a lot of my paddles are that bit longer & wider but last three intended trips I posted not one reply.

peoples thoughts please.

Pommy Nigel
Last edited by nigel on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Herbsman
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Sydney
Kayaks: Hobie revo 13

Re: is there anybody out there

#2 Post by Herbsman » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:48 am

Still waiting for someone who will organize the trip! its been two months of waiting no one did.

Some of the members going out by themselves which doesn't help the group really.

Why not post every trip in the coordinated fishing part or just in the Sydney group.

Been out once with the Sydney Boys and thats about it. Most of the outing i have with some member is when they post their trip in the site.

Doing a report after your outing doesn't contribute to how the group will grow (we need invites) . Some of the new member/newbie is looking for a confident booster to go out there.

If one of the member will try to post every outing that they do or planning to do this might help the Group to get back up and running.

What do you think guys?

Pat
Image Image

Pb. Australian Salmon 45cm, Tailor 44cm, Trevally 35cm, bream 38cm

The only thing you loose on a 2 weeks diet is 14 days.

shayneh2006
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Sydney Region, Sussex Inlet
Kayaks: OK Prowler Torque, OK Scrambler 11, OK Mysto

#3 Post by shayneh2006 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:40 pm

Its been a long time since I have attended (due to time restraints) a fish with the Sydney club.

If a trip is being organized, is there a way of a group PM sent to all the Sydney members??? incase a member was not visiting this forum frequently, he would receive the email and know about it. Getting the message out there/exposure might increase some interest.

Just ideas is all....

Shayne
Member of Southern Highlands Kayak Fisho's
Member of Bass Sydney

The feeling ya get from fishing oughta be the feeling ya get without fishing...........

sharksaus
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: NSW Southern Highlands , Illawarra and Shoalhaven
Kayaks: Hobie Outback, Malibu Mini X Stealth 9

#4 Post by sharksaus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:50 pm

We have 4 coordinators within our group so there is usually something going on every month.
Maybe an inter club day between us and your selves somewhere in between areas might get things moving again.
Let me know if there is any interest in such a day and we may be able to organize something.
We also have quite times and sometimes need a bump to get things rolling again.
It really is up to the members of the group to put forward ideas and just not leave it to a couple of people to organize all the events.
We have a pretty good core bunch of fishos in our group and they are always putting different types of trips out there .
What stands out for me is the Kilts vs Smugglers shield which we have been contesting over the last 2 and a bit years.
It keeps things interesting and is a great social time which makes you want to do it again.
We have a trip to Burrill lake in march and any one from the Sydney club or any other group is more than welcome to come along and join in the festivities and fishing.
Have a look at the Southern highlands page for more info
Cheers
Al
NSW SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS KAYAK FISHO'S
NSW SOUTH COAST KAYAK FISHO'S

YAK PB: Flathead 55 cm: Bream 35 cm Fork: Carp 68 cm : Estuary Perch 34cm Fork : Bass 38.5cm Fork : Tailor 58 cm : Jewfish 80cm : Redfin 33cm :Leather Jacket 29cm :Yellowbelly 54cm :Murray Cod 58cm : Whiting 30cm fl : Toad 25cm :Snapper 26cm:

georgeh
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: sydney
Kayaks: revo 13

#5 Post by georgeh » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:08 am

Im still keen and still around.
do a little bit alone due to time constraints with young family and work commitments.

I can only do Saturdays. So alternate between Saturdays and Sundays will be fitting.

george

jet01
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: South Sydney region
Kayaks: 2015 Hobie outback

#6 Post by jet01 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:17 pm

Sorry boys! Got no yak! :lol:

I'll be back one day!
Life tastes better with salt.

No yak right now - we needed the garage for the car of all things!
Botany Bay/Port Hacking

lyntonpeddie
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Sydney area

#7 Post by lyntonpeddie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:09 pm

Hi there. I'm new to this forum but would love to get involved if another trip is organised.

Anything on the cards for April?

Lynton

GoneYakFishin
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Botany Bay / Port Hacking / Long Reef
Kayaks: Hobie Revo 13

#8 Post by GoneYakFishin » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:04 pm

Yup, this club barely meets every three months any more... We need more mods organising the meets so it can be monthly..
Common sense is like deodorant, those who need it don't use it.

Yak PB's - Kingfish 78cm, Jewfish 50cm, Morwong 48cm, Flathead 48cm, Amber Jack 48cm, Bluefin Trevally 48cm, Silver Trevally 42cm, Bonito 49cm, Pike 42cm, Frigate Mackerel 40cm, Tailor 40cm, Snapper 40cm, Sampson Fish 38cm, Bream 30cm

nigel
KFDU 2000 Club

#9 Post by nigel » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:15 am

OK time for some positive thoughts/actions I propose that 3 or 4 of us organise the meets I'm happy to be involved (but not do it all) who else wants to put there hand ups & be counted.
Guess if/when we know the score we will run it passed the moderators.

Pommy Nigel
ImageImage

GoneYakFishin
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Botany Bay / Port Hacking / Long Reef
Kayaks: Hobie Revo 13

#10 Post by GoneYakFishin » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:10 pm

I would but I work shift work which means most weekends and only get my roster 1-2 weeks out so I'd be crap at organising anything ahead of time! Happy to help where I can though!
Common sense is like deodorant, those who need it don't use it.

Yak PB's - Kingfish 78cm, Jewfish 50cm, Morwong 48cm, Flathead 48cm, Amber Jack 48cm, Bluefin Trevally 48cm, Silver Trevally 42cm, Bonito 49cm, Pike 42cm, Frigate Mackerel 40cm, Tailor 40cm, Snapper 40cm, Sampson Fish 38cm, Bream 30cm

Colin98
KFDU Angler
Kayaks: Hobie Outback 2017, Hobie Revo 13 2015

#11 Post by Colin98 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:30 pm

nigel wrote:OK time for some positive thoughts/actions I propose that 3 or 4 of us organise the meets I'm happy to be involved (but not do it all) who else wants to put there hand ups & be counted.
Guess if/when we know the score we will run it passed the moderators.

Pommy Nigel
This needs a bump.

I believe there are many active Sydney people but only a few dedicated members are needed to get this going. I always love getting involved and organising things but I just don't have time right now.

I am happy to help with all the online aspects but can't guarantee I'll be at the sessions. If that's of any help.
===================================================================================
Yak PB's: -- Bream 45cm -- Estuary Perch 37cm -- Flathead 86cm -- Jewfish 93cm -- Salmon 55cm -- Trevally 40cm -- Whiting 41cm -- Bass 33cm - - Silver Perch 35cm - - Yellow Belly 35cm - - Murray Cod 52cm -- Kingfish 60cm
===================================================================================

nigel
KFDU 2000 Club

#12 Post by nigel » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:11 pm

Colin 98 pm sent
ImageImage

tomsawya
KFDU Angler
Kayaks: Hobie Revolution

#13 Post by tomsawya » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:15 am

I still go out but its normally last minute. Family with kids means that I put them first, but whenever I see a window of opportunity I go for it. Once or twice a fortnight is my typical schedule. I used to post trips, but normally they go unanswered so i've given up. There are not too many trip posts lately either something i've given up too.

I'll be going out from camp cove Saturday around 1pm. Late start due to kids sports but conditions look the goods. I've had some luck lately with legal kings in and around the harbour so hopefully the luck continues.

speaking about kids sports, saturday mornings and every other weekend is not possible for me which means if there is club meets i could only attend one in four if i'm lucky depending on how they are scheduled. For me just getting more coordinated trips and reports put online would be great. Reading reports gets your motivation up and with the coming winter the more motivation there is the better. Reports not just of catching fish, but also of not catching fish.

Seeing how much us fisho's spend on gear is there any incentives for sponsorship of events, prizes, competitions etc? Could be just a lure or two, for biggest fish, weirdest fish, most reports, most creative/humorous report, tip of the month, DIY, video, etc. Nothing like a prize to get some activity going....

CanuckChubbs
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Newcastle area
Kayaks: Had: more then I can remember. Have: Tandem Island

#14 Post by CanuckChubbs » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:06 pm

Yeah what happened to the club? I remember the meets where 30+ people showed up, had a spectacular BBQ and good laughter. :wink:

I'm up in Newcastle, but also happy to help out fuel the fire a bit. Surely the kayak fishing bubble has not busted. :blah:

bricey21
KFDU Angler

#15 Post by bricey21 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:39 pm

Hey all, I just joined but I'm really interested in meeting new people who enjoy kayak fishing. Complete newbie to it but got enough kit to start me off.

Return to “Sydney Kayak Fishing Club”