Saying hello

For general inquiries please PM Moderator Estuary Girl

Saying hello

Postby Dom82d » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:15 pm

G,day guys and girls,
My name is Damien but everyone calls me Dom. I was a member of the south coast NSW kayak fishing club but have moved to sunny Gold Coast ( actually been up here a couple of years). Been fishing from a tinny for a while but do not seem to get the same buzz as I did from a yak so I would like to join this club and meet some like minded fisho's on the Gold Coast.

I see there is a monthly midweek fish, I would love to come to the next one and give some fresh water fishing a go in QLD.

I have not purchased another yak yet due to waiting for the 2017 kayak release, looks like there are going to be a heap of new pedal yaks hit the market.

Anyway nice to meet everyone and look forward to seeing you on the water.
Flathead - 76cm
Bream -37cm
Tailor - 30cm
Trevally 35cm
Bass 30cm

kayaks: feelfree moken 13 angler deluxe, FX larking special
Dom82d
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: GOLD COAST
Kayaks: Eco mahi 2.7, fx larkin special, feelfree moken 13 angler delux

Re: Saying hello

Postby arpie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Hi Dom, welcome back!!

Keep an eye on the social bits happening up northern NSW and southern Qld ..... or if you are going for a yak fish, put a post up and most likely someone will join you! :gu:

Cheers

Roberta
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year

Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

Re: Saying hello

Postby Dodge » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:51 pm

Dom82d wrote:
I see there is a monthly midweek fish, I would love to come to the next one and give some fresh water fishing a go in QLD.

Dom you are more than welcome to come along to any mid week trips [always second Wed in month], the next couple will be held on saltwater and we return to the freshwater in July

The initial April MW notice will be posted here about March 28, and the venue named a week later when a decision has been made subject to the latest forecast.

The MW outings move around the GC/NR area and this link may give you an idea of what happens mate viewtopic.php?f=83&t=42070
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow ..... and ..... Pacer, pink ...... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue
Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

Return to Gold Coast / Northern Rivers Kayak Fishing Club