MW7.17...GCNR Outing Wed 12 July @HINZE DAM EAST

For general inquiries please PM Moderator Estuary Girl

MW7.17...GCNR Outing Wed 12 July @HINZE DAM EAST

Postby Dodge » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:40 pm

Mid Week monthly outing for GC/NRKFC members and guests, held on the second Wednesday each month.

The second of three scheduled freshwater mid week outings to be held at Hinze Dam in 2017

Read Dodge reply below on Sat July 8

https://goo.gl/maps/32zEPA7pEUk

Coming from the north, or south, ignore all road signs to Hinze Dam, these exit signs only lead you to the dam wall and western arm only, which is not the outing venue.

From South on Pacific Hwy ....Take Exit 80 The Link Way, Springbrook, Mudgeeraba then follow later sign to Springbrook, see mud map below
From North ..... Take Exit 79 Mudgeeraba Robina ..... then follow SPRINGBROOK signs, again ignore the Hinze Dam sign ...after passing thru Mudgeeraba you will be on the Gold Coast Springbrook Road and this mud map will get you to the ramp about 10 minutes later.
The turn off into Little Nerang Road is about 300m after you pass a water treatment plant and old caravan park

Eastern Hinze Dam.jpg

The gate time on mud map is incorrect, now open at 0600-1730

DATE: WEDNESDAY JULY 12, 2017 there will be no postponements or date changes due to weather, you alone decide your attendance

LAUNCH TIME: This is your own choice so suit yourself as it is not a competition.
There is a gate at the dam that opens at 6am.

RETURN ASHORE: About midday so members can have a yarn together before going home.

SAUSAGE SIZZLE [only if a minimum 5 starters come to the outing] note BYO drink.
Free, OR a $3 per head contribution to cover costs if kitty is short
, surplus will be rolled over into the MW kitty

If you intend coming along add your name to this thread before Monday 9th July so others know and also is a guide BBQ shopping, and for new members there are no formalities, just come along.

Purchase of a Stocked Impoundment Permit info
A SIP can be purchased either weekly or annual:SIP can be purchased either weekly or annual:
a...online
b...via phone on 1300 575 359 permit purchases only, [ for general SIPS enquiries phone 13 25 23]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Dodge on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow ..... and ..... Pacer, pink ...... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue
Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

Re: MW7.17...GCNR Outing Wed 12 July @HINZE DAM EAST

Postby Dodge » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:36 pm

Will arrive there about 0700.

For this meet, Jim [jumaji] who normally warms all the snags and onions at the MWs will be away touring, but has kindly loaned the second stove and pan, so the tucker will still be OK.
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow ..... and ..... Pacer, pink ...... homemade timber Anon lures
Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club

Postby yorkie2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:40 am

I'll be along Dodge just to see your cooking standards have not dropped?
Cheers ROB
Kayak: Hobie Outback dune ..... Team Old Farts
yorkie2
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast
Kayaks: Hobie Outback dune

Postby Fleetfeet » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:33 am

Hi Dodge, mate unfortunately Anthea has a training day that is compulsory so I can't make it......So much for her having every outing off..... hopefully you have a great day and we will see you next month
Fleetfeet
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast Qld
Kayaks: Spirit Venus, Hobie Pro Angler 12

Postby hillbilly » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:42 am

Not sure if I can make this one as I have visitors that day. I will try to get my mate to come as I have two kayaks but at this point he's keen to tailor fish. Bill
"Trust the research and educate rather than dictate."
hillbilly
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: South East Queensland

Postby Dodge » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:36 pm

With attendance issues evident for so many, reckon I will just bin this MW as a group club event in July.

However, I still intend going to the dam for a fish regardless although not as early as mentioned above ......... if anyone wishes just come along, and make your own arrangements re snacks etc.
Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club

Return to Gold Coast / Northern Rivers Kayak Fishing Club