New Co-ordinator position open.

For general inquiries please PM Fleetfeet

New Co-ordinator position open.

Postby Estuary Girl » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:31 pm

Hello Guys,

Time has come for me to step aside and allow someone else to take the reins as Club Co-ordinator.
My work shifts were always going to get in the way when I took the role on and I'm taking on increasingly more overtime shifts as they pop up often at late notice.
I've also taken up another side interest which started out for fitness nearly a year ago but about 5 months ago I decided to step it up a notch and get a little more serious.I just competed in my first all girls Powerlifting comp yesterday and had a blast and did well for someone who only fell into it when a spot became available 2 1/2 weeks out from the comp. So I've decided to pursue it further and compete more in the near future.

I do hope someone is willing to take on this very rewarding and easy to manage role which allows good mates and new yakker's a place to hone their skills and meet new people.
All inquires to either myself or Buj via pm would be great.

Thank you again for everyone's support over the past few years and I hope to still catch up for a fish with you all.

Kindest regards.

Toni
Toni

Club Co-Ordinator
Estuary Girl
KFDU Pro Staff MODERATOR

Local Fishing Region: SE QLD,Far North NSW
Kayaks: Stealth Evo 495,Ultra 4.3,Dirigo,Prowler 13 & Scrambler 11.

Re: New Co-ordinator position open.

Postby Dodge » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:57 pm

Estuary Girl wrote: So I've decided to pursue it further and compete more in the near future.

After watching your lifting journey on Facebook, can see the enjoyment, so all the best on the new path Tone .... But things will not be the same, with no orange O.K. prowler kayak around in the future.
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow .... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue
Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

Postby Estuary Girl » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:42 pm

Dodge wrote:
Estuary Girl wrote: So I've decided to pursue it further and compete more in the near future.

After watching your lifting journey on Facebook, can see the enjoyment, so all the best on the new path Tone .... But things will not be the same, with no orange O.K. prowler kayak around in the future.

I'll still be around from time to time in the old orange beast Dodge and have to christen the pink beast as well yet!
:wink:
Toni

Club Co-Ordinator
Estuary Girl
KFDU Pro Staff MODERATOR

Local Fishing Region: SE QLD,Far North NSW
Kayaks: Stealth Evo 495,Ultra 4.3,Dirigo,Prowler 13 & Scrambler 11.

Postby canaryfisher » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:36 pm

Thinking about this.. I'll let you know if I decide to do it soon.
canaryfisher
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Brisbane
Kayaks: Hobie Revolution 13

Postby Dodge » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:19 pm

canaryfisher wrote:Thinking about this.. I'll let you know if I decide to do it soon.

Good to see see you considering this canary as it is the life blood of the group to have activities regularly, and thought to throw in ideas for others to also consider what is involved, and can be an enjoyable pastime for any member willing to have a go at the job.

When the group was created by Silver19 the goals were listed in January 2011 as .....
The Gold Coast/Northern Rivers Kayak Fishing Club is a social club for like minded Kayakers in an area including but not inclusive of Coomera to the north down to Brunswich Heads in the south and anywhere inland of this area.

In the period since 2011, salt water outings have ranged along the coast in the north from Jacobs Well Qld and south to Chinderah NSW, and also into the freshwater on the Upper Tweed River NSW and Hinze Dam Qld ..... north of that probably covers areas better served by the Brisbane Club and further south by the NSW North Coast Club

Initially outings were monthly, but personally think reliability is more important than the number held with even 2 , 3 or 4 outings dates a year locked in bearing in mind we all do many things.

When considering locations look at parking for a few cars, and perhaps avoid public holiday periods as many go walkabout and all venues are chokka with crowds, also willy weather usually gives tides closer to venues than than regular tide charts.

So like canaryfisher has done, give this some thought to having a crack at coordinating weekend club outings.
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club

Postby Mackayak » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:48 pm

Dodge wrote:
When the group was created by Silver19 the goals were listed in January 2011 as .....
The Gold Coast/Northern Rivers Kayak Fishing Club is a social club for like minded Kayakers in an area including but not inclusive of Coomera to the north down to Brunswich Heads in the south and anywhere inland of this area.

In the period since 2011, salt water outings have ranged along the coast in the north from Jacobs Well Qld and south to Chinderah NSW, and also into the freshwater on the Upper Tweed River NSW and Hinze Dam Qld ..... north of that probably covers areas better served by the Brisbane Club and further south by the NSW North Coast Club

This is a interesting opportunity. Dodge do you know how many members are active attendees from NSW North Coast? As I did actively attended meeting when Silver 19 was running it but found I was driving a long way and driving past better fishing spots on the way. Even when Silver 19 was running it no one from the Gold Coats wanted to travel further then the Tweed. The NSW Far North Cost ( Northern Rivers) actually is from the QLD border to downe past Grafton. If there was not going to be monthly meetings on the Gold Cost is there enough interest in meetings on the north coast on the other month so we could have joint co-ordinators and members can go to either? Just putting it out there :wink:
PB's From yak:
Fresh Water: Saratoga 51cm YES; Barra 110cm; Murray Cod 78cm; Golden Perch 45cm; Bass 44cm;EP 38cm
Salt Water: Snapper 62cm; Jew 83cm; Flathead 71cm; Mangrove Jack 37cm; Whiting 31.5cm; Bream 37cm; Trevally 38cm; Tailor 32cm;
Mackayak
KFDU 1000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Far North Coast NSW, Ballina
Kayaks: Revolution 13 Revolution 11

Postby Dodge » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:44 pm

Mackayak wrote:Dodge do you know how many members are active attendees from NSW North Coast?

Dave other than yourself, have met possibly another half dozen NSW people on GCNR outings, met them at Chinderah, West Tweed River, Currumbin, Hinze Dam, and Howard St.

Do agree with you it's hard to get people to go south passed Tweed area, and know the need for a NSW fishing permit contributes to that to some extent.

These days doubt anyone from NSW or Qld could really be called active, just not like the early days of GCNR.

Mackayak wrote: If there was not going to be monthly meetings on the Gold Cost is there enough interest in meetings on the north coast on the other month so we could have joint co-ordinators and members can go to either?

No decision to limit outings has been made by anyone, but there have been no monthly outings in any of the clubs for a long while, although GCNR has held the regular MW events for a while.

To be a joint coordinator of 2 different groups would be a good way to go nuts I reckon mate, anglers can go to as many clubs as they wish so membership with one does not prevent going to an outing organized by the NSW Northern club, or even north to the Brisbane mob
Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club

Postby canaryfisher » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:32 am

The way I see it for outings is like any club I been in including a sea kayaking one which was for 8 years. In that club it was a month meet and we had a total of 120 members but each month
only around 10-20 came and the last big meet about 50 came. So if I did it I'd still do a monthly thing but whoever goes goes.. I love kayak fishing and got time to do it its better then my old addiction..

I'd have to travel a bit cause I'm based in browns plains but its not a huge issue as it allows me to also goto new places and kinda force myself to do so as When I kayaked solo it got to the stage it got lonely
and going to new places was just boring so never did it, till I met a member of facebook who kayak fishes and been going out with him to new places and old and sharing tips.

I may not be a very popular member on kfdu with over 2000 posts but I'm a friendly person. I been to the Stealth Adder Rock Offshore comp since they first started it in 2013 and will keep going to it
even though I'm always scared to go offshore in my hobie lol, and I am a big person on being safe on the kayak, I will always wear a lifejacket no matter where I go on the water cause you never know.

If I do decide to do it won't be over the travel as like I said that's no issue, I love researching new spots so that's no issue (I worked in for IT for a long time so I know the internet ;) ), I got ideas for each meet that might make new members or old come.

But I'm just giving it a thought cause last thing I was leader of was a big thing to me so Just need to think a little on it. :)
canaryfisher
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Brisbane
Kayaks: Hobie Revolution 13

Postby Fleetfeet » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:34 am

Canaryfisher I also am very happy that you are giving this some thought, I would love the group to continue. I was talking with Toni and my wife about it, I would love to put my hand up but I suffer with menieres and I'm not sure how reliable I would be...., that being said if no one else can do it I'm sure I could work something out....,I really do love catching up with like minded people for a fish, snag, and chat
Fleetfeet
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast Qld
Kayaks: Spirit Venus, Hobie Pro Angler 12

Return to Gold Coast / Northern Rivers Kayak Fishing Club