Minumurra River

NSW Southern Highlands, our freshwater paradise. For General Inquiries please PM Sharksaus, Haynesy or Loveshisfishing

Minumurra River

Postby Beardypaul » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:10 am

Gave the place a hit yesterday, launched at the ramp near the mouth of the river. The tide had just turned and was just starting the run in. So I checked out the out side conditions. Looked ok , so I unloaded the yak to find I had not packed the seat. Well that's a bummer. So I just put an old towel around the axle of the trolley , bit uncomfortable, but only other option was to cancel trip. That's not going to happen. So headed out the front, the current was only weak as it had only just started to run in. Had the sounder on, and was surprised at how shallow it was, and the cross ways wave action from around the back of the island. A lot of it is between 1 to 3 metres deep. Thought about going further, but as I was by myself had to think of safety. So rode the waves back in, that was fun they where only small, but I found to catch a wave , it was like body surfing. You have to keep peddling to hold position on the wave. If you go to far up the wave your rudder comes out, and you loose steering. Like I said it was fun. Will need to find someone interested in going out there as I think this large sand flat could hold some good whiting and flat head.
I headed up the river to the creek just down stream from the rail road bridge, then fished . Small mullet small bream, saw a lot of small black fish around 25cm mark . All in all a non productive, but enjoyable day.
Beardypaul
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Georges & Woronora Rivers, Southern Highlands
Kayaks: Hobie Outback, Minnow, Scanoe

Re: Minumurra River

Postby sharksaus » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Nice Paul :grin:
NSW SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS KAYAK FISHO'S
NSW SOUTH COAST KAYAK FISHO'S

YAK PB: Flathead 55 cm: Bream 35 cm Fork: Carp 68 cm : Estuary Perch 34cm Fork : Bass 38.5cm Fork : Tailor 58 cm : Jewfish 80cm : Redfin 33cm :Leather Jacket 29cm :Yellowbelly 54cm :Murray Cod 58cm : Whiting 30cm fl : Toad 25cm :Snapper 26cm:
sharksaus
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: NSW Southern Highlands , Illawarra and Shoalhaven
Kayaks: Hobie Outback, Malibu Mini X Stealth 9

Return to NSW Southern Highlands Kayak Fisho's