Fitzroy fall dam accesss

NSW Southern Highlands, our freshwater paradise. For General Inquiries please PM Sharksaus, Haynesy or Loveshisfishing

Fitzroy fall dam accesss

Postby Beardypaul » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Just a note that may be of interest to other southern highlanders. I have been having correspondence with Water NSW over the fish ladder repairs on the Nepean river See fresh water reports.
While talking to the Sydney Water rep, I asked a question re the access to Fitzroy falls dam, being limited to the sailing club and one other fishing club. With Keyed Access. He told me that as Fitzroy is a zone two catchment ,it should be the same as Tallawa dam for access. This is a change as the dam no longer directly feeds supply to the town. All water is pumped through to Winggecarribee dam first now before going to the customer.
I will be making further inquiries on this point and let you know what I find out. At present the Rangers down there may not be as up to date as Water NSW, so I am not about to risk a fine till I have it in writing, I'll keep you posted.
This dam holds large carp that attack lures, bass, and a very illusive rainbow trout population. I have fished it with the other club that has access, but it would be nice to get general public access.
Beardypaul
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Georges & Woronora Rivers, Southern Highlands
Kayaks: Hobie Outback, Minnow, Scanoe

Re: Fitzroy fall dam accesss

Postby coattail rider » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:42 pm

Keen to see how it goes
Kayak PBs

Spotted Mack 87cm ,Murray cod 73cm,Trout Cod 35cm, Snapper 65cm, Mangrove Jack 54cm, Kingfish 63cm, Sooty Grunter 40cm, A. salmon 55cm, Bream 38cm, Flathead 70cm, GT 50cm, Jewfish 60cm, Yellowbelly 55cm, Bass 45cm (to the fork), Estuary Perch 41cm, Tailor 62cm, Squid 45cm, Redfin 36cm, Flounder 37cm, Mac Tuna 38cm, Macquarie Perch 33cm, Rainbow trout 47cm, Albatross 75cm (wingspan!)
coattail rider
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Nowra
Kayaks: mini x, revo 13

Postby sharksaus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Watching with interest
NSW SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS KAYAK FISHO'S
NSW SOUTH COAST KAYAK FISHO'S

YAK PB: Flathead 55 cm: Bream 35 cm Fork: Carp 68 cm : Estuary Perch 34cm Fork : Bass 38.5cm Fork : Tailor 58 cm : Jewfish 80cm : Redfin 33cm :Leather Jacket 29cm :Yellowbelly 54cm :Murray Cod 58cm : Whiting 30cm fl : Toad 25cm :Snapper 26cm:
sharksaus
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: NSW Southern Highlands , Illawarra and Shoalhaven
Kayaks: Hobie Outback, Malibu Mini X Stealth 9

Postby fc59 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:23 pm

i have been google earthing water around that way for a while and i am very keen on any information
fc59
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: west sydney

Postby Beardypaul » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:01 am

Patience is required, its not a quick thing to get things to change but it's still moving . I contacted Water NSW high up there food chain, and put the relevant question as a general public Joe Blogs. I was told that he was going to seek an official answer for me . Nothing as yet, but if I don't get a satisfactory answer soon , I will need to make an official application of behalf of the Souther highlands Kayak fishers group. To do this I will need the support of the group . Question is do I have it? This will involve other things that I will not print here, as no doubt Water NSW are reading this site with interest.
Al or any of our group interested give me a call on the mobile and I will fill you in.
Beardypaul
KFDU Angler

Postby sharksaus » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:33 pm

I have rung paul
Hopefully you have same number
NSW SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS KAYAK FISHO'S
NSW SOUTH COAST KAYAK FISHO'S

YAK PB: Flathead 55 cm: Bream 35 cm Fork: Carp 68 cm : Estuary Perch 34cm Fork : Bass 38.5cm Fork : Tailor 58 cm : Jewfish 80cm : Redfin 33cm :Leather Jacket 29cm :Yellowbelly 54cm :Murray Cod 58cm : Whiting 30cm fl : Toad 25cm :Snapper 26cm:
sharksaus
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: NSW Southern Highlands , Illawarra and Shoalhaven
Kayaks: Hobie Outback, Malibu Mini X Stealth 9

Postby woodsy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:14 am

Your doing a great job Paul. Keeping an eye on this.
Cheers Bill

12 PA12
Kayak PBs
Bream 36.5cm,Black Bream 43cm,Bass 43cm,Bass 34cm (fly ) Cod 60cm Flathead 73cm,Whiting 37cm,Tailor 62cm,EP 35cm,Travelly 51cm,Jew 55cm,Snapper 46.5cm,Blackfish 36cm
New PB's Murry Cod 60cm
Member of nsw south coast kayak fisho's
Member of Southern Highlands Kayak Fisho's
woodsy
KFDU 1000 Club

Local Fishing Region: illawarra/south coast
Kayaks: PRO ANGLER 12

Postby Yak Mac » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:58 pm

Following this with interest, Good work Paul!
Martyn
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
-- Winston Churchill

Yak PBs - Whiting 35cm, Lake Bass 35cm, Mullet 44cm, Bream 32cm, Tailor 32cm, Flathead 52cm, Carp 53cm. Stingray 52cm!!
Yak Mac
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Southern Highlands & Southcoast
Kayaks: Hobie Outback, Riot Escape 12 and Australis Ocky

Postby Beardypaul » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Sad news, after I communicated to A certain staff member of NSW Water I was told that I could make an official application to NSW Water, and was sent an Application form. But then on talking to this person further, it became clear, NSW Water know it's a schedule two dam, but have placed a bogus condition on the dam. referring to the wall, this in turn basically means that they leave it up to the local dam manager . As to who gets on and under what conditions.
It appears that the less people on the dam, the easier it is to manage, or the local manager is happy with the present status quo. As NSW Water will follow the lead of the local manager, it may take a change of government in NSW to get access.
So for all the locals in the area, start asking questions to your local members, both in Opposition and in government. That's the only way it looks like this arrangement will change. Plus you need to be quick, as the present Government, has made it clear in the media, that they want to sell NSW Water. Then no doubt it may cost $$$$$ to fish on any dam.
Beardypaul
KFDU Angler

Postby ua5qb » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:15 pm

Who is the local MP for the area?
ua5qb
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Monaro & Far Sth Coast NSW
Kayaks: OutBack (RIP), Hobie AI (not red or yellow)

Return to NSW Southern Highlands Kayak Fisho's