Canberra fish

Want to organise a fishing trip? Post the details here!
Forum rules
WARNING: Kayaking, and Kayak Fishing can be DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES, and present a number of inherent risks.

Participation in any events organised using the Co-ordinated Trips section is entirely at your own risk. Neither the organising member(s), nor the administration team of the Kayak Fishing Down Under Forum, can accept any responsibility for loss, damage, injury or death arising from kayak fishing trips.

It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that they paddle and fish within their ability, and not to put themselves in harm’s way.

Even where safety suggestions are offered within the trips section, or elsewhere on the KFDU site, it is up to the individual kayaker to ensure that precautions appropriate to your trip circumstances are undertaken, and that all legal requirements of your state or territory are followed.

If you do not agree to these guidelines, please do not attend events organised in this section.

Canberra fish

Postby Litchfield » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:41 pm

Is anyone keen to do a fish in the Canberra area soon ? My first yak gets delivered this week and am keen to try it out . I've got a few spots in Canberra to try out . hit me up
Litchfield
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Canberra

Re: Canberra fish

Postby BrendanH » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:12 pm

When were you thinking of heading out and any ideas where you'd like to go I might be interested.
BrendanH
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: ACT
Kayaks: Scorpio Terrapin

Postby Litchfield » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:18 pm

BrendanH wrote:When were you thinking of heading out and any ideas where you'd like to go I might be interested.

Yeah mate either this weekend or next ? I'd like to go up molonglo river . under the bridge at the water ski joint and go up towards fyshwick. Before that stretch was de snagged my old man caught a metrey there so I know there's big ones there
Litchfield
KFDU Angler

Postby BrendanH » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:27 pm

Litchfield wrote:
BrendanH wrote:When were you thinking of heading out and any ideas where you'd like to go I might be interested.

Yeah mate either this weekend or next ? I'd like to go up molonglo river . under the bridge at the water ski joint and go up towards fyshwick. Before that stretch was de snagged my old man caught a metrey there so I know there's big ones there

I have never fished that section so now I am really interested.
BrendanH
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: ACT
Kayaks: Scorpio Terrapin

Postby johnh » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Been a few years since I've ventured up that way. Once you've gone firm on a time and place I'll see if I'm free.
johnh
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Canberra & NSW Far South Coast
Kayaks: Hobie Adventure Island & Revo 13

Postby BJ100 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi Guys,

Been thinking of heading up that myself, especially this tie of year with little pressure from skiers.

Next weekend would suit me better if I am able to tag along. just let me know time and place and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks
Ben
BJ100
KFDU Angler

Kayaks: 2015 Pro Angler 12

Postby Litchfield » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Yes sounds good guys I'll post a date and time shortly and we can all work around it !
Litchfield
KFDU Angler

Return to Coordinated Fishing Trips