Glenbawn, St Clair and Windamere.

Want to organise a fishing trip? Post the details here!
Forum rules
WARNING: Kayaking, and Kayak Fishing can be DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES, and present a number of inherent risks.

Participation in any events organised using the Co-ordinated Trips section is entirely at your own risk. Neither the organising member(s), nor the administration team of the Kayak Fishing Down Under Forum, can accept any responsibility for loss, damage, injury or death arising from kayak fishing trips.

It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that they paddle and fish within their ability, and not to put themselves in harm’s way.

Even where safety suggestions are offered within the trips section, or elsewhere on the KFDU site, it is up to the individual kayaker to ensure that precautions appropriate to your trip circumstances are undertaken, and that all legal requirements of your state or territory are followed.

If you do not agree to these guidelines, please do not attend events organised in this section.

Glenbawn, St Clair and Windamere.

Postby Fletch » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:45 pm

I am heading to Lake Glenbawn for an ANSA sportfishing comp on 14, 15 & 16th September.
So I thought I would extend this trip and move accross to Windamere the before following weekend (21, 22 & 23rd September). I am planning to spend a couple of days at Lake St Clair in between. Probably move over Monday (17th) arvo and move to Windamere Thursday.
I have never fished St Clair or Glenbawn before so am looking forward to new water.
Join in somewhere along the way if you are keen.
Fletch
Yak PB's, Dusky Flathead 95cm, Sand Flathead 51cm, Snapper 57cm, Yellowbelly 59cm, Murray Cod 75cm,Whiting 37cm, Australian Salmon 58.5cm, Redfin 41.2cm, Bonito 58cm, Tailor 38cm, Bass 30cm and one monster squid 107.5cm overall..... Watch ths space.

Member of the South Coast Kayak Fisho's and Wollongong Sportfishing Club.
Fletch
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Illawarra
Kayaks: Hobie Revo and Viking Nemo

Re: Glenbawn, St Clair and Windamere.

Postby Blackant » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:21 am

G'Day Fletch,
At Lake St Clair I generally camp on your right as you come in, just below the new office block. I fish on the northern bank in about 20ft of water following the weed. Keep following the bank all way round into the next bay. You will be able to see the weed.
At Glenbawn Dam I usually put in about half way between the main boat ramp and the next ramp north. Same thing just follow the weed. Keep following the bank and you should come to what they call Cemetery Point. Couple of graves there. I just keep going until I feel like a green ginger then turn around. Have caught fish going south from the main boat ramp all around to the wall. You can fish the wall at Glenbawn. The fish at both places seem to love my Sydney Blue {Purple} Feral Catz. Now I've givin my secret away :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hope this helps mate. I've put the dates in my calendar and will keep an eye on the post.
Cheers
Greg
Greg
07 Hobie Outback
PB from yak - 33cm Whiting - 70cm Flathead - 51cm Bass - 52cm Yellow Belly

Member of
TEAM GREEN GINGER
TEAM OLD FARTS

Those things that are precious are only saved by sacrifice - Private David Webster
Blackant
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: All over Australia

Postby Fletch » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:27 pm

Thanks for the tips Greg. Hope you can make it along the way somewhere.
Fletch
Yak PB's, Dusky Flathead 95cm, Sand Flathead 51cm, Snapper 57cm, Yellowbelly 59cm, Murray Cod 75cm,Whiting 37cm, Australian Salmon 58.5cm, Redfin 41.2cm, Bonito 58cm, Tailor 38cm, Bass 30cm and one monster squid 107.5cm overall..... Watch ths space.

Fletch
KFDU 500 Club

Postby kiwinaus » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:24 pm

Be seein you at windy :wink:
PB Bass 32cm ,PB Yellow belly 61cm, PB Flattie 49cm,52cm Rainbow Trout,PB Murray Cod 56cm......Wait for it!
kiwinaus
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Lithgow Oberon Hartley
Kayaks: Lime Green Sierra Hobie Pro Angler 12

Postby westie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:54 pm

Hi Fletch. plan on making the trip to windy again this year to search for the footballs that eluded last trip.
Hope the weather plays nice this time too.
might just follow kiwi around this time.....
cheers
Westie
Pbs: bream 40cm, whiting 49cm. flathead 77cm, kingfish 71cm, jewfish 87cm,Bass (wr) 55cm Golden Perch 59cm,hairtail 121cm
westie
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: sydney
Kayaks: 2012 pa12 , Outback 07, 2014 Quest 11,Revo 11.

Postby Fletch » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Hey Westie, keen to catch a cod eh... the more the merrier.
Fletch

Fletch
KFDU 500 Club

Postby kiwinaus » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:27 pm

westie wrote:Hi Fletch. plan on making the trip to windy again this year to search for the footballs that eluded last trip.
Hope the weather plays nice this time too.
might just follow kiwi around this time.....
cheers
Westie

Ha :lol: yo welcome to but I think it was Fletch who caught the most yellas last year. All I caught was a couple of pesky out of season cod! :wink: But ya have to be pretty early to follow him out on the water.
Be good to catch up with you again. I hope to be up there Thursday after work. :gu:
PB Bass 32cm ,PB Yellow belly 61cm, PB Flattie 49cm,52cm Rainbow Trout,PB Murray Cod 56cm......Wait for it!
kiwinaus
KFDU Angler

Postby Fletch » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:29 pm

All packed and out of here early. Still planning on the dates posted.
Fletch

Fletch
KFDU 500 Club

Postby kiwinaus » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:42 pm

See you at St Clair .....fingers crossed other wise at windy. :wink:
kiwinaus
KFDU Angler

Postby Crok » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:42 pm

Hi Guys and Girls
Mid Coasters are having a weekend at St Clair on the 26th to 28th Oct so all are welcome.
Cheers
Crok
Yak PB: Whiting 40cm, Bream 39cm, Flathead 75cm, Salmon 49cm,Gold Spot Cod 38cm, Bass 54cm :-), Snapper 35cm, Tailor 47cm, Yellow Belly 53cm, Murray Cod 53cm.
Member of
Crok
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens, Hunter River.
Kayaks: Hobie Revolution 13

Postby kiwinaus » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:59 pm

Well due to one of my colleagues getting himself stood down from driving i now have to cover his shift so will not be joining Fletch at St Clair. Instead i will be going to Windamere on Wednesday.
Anyone who would like to join Fletch, Westie and myself feel we usually camp down the western side of the Camp ground by the little bay.
Weekend may be busy with AYC comp that was moved from Pindarri Dam but i think theres only about 30 teams so might not be that bad.
hopefully see yous there.
:wink: :grin:
kiwinaus
KFDU Angler

Return to Coordinated Fishing Trips