Palmy or Kingscliff

Want to organise a fishing trip? Post the details here!
Forum rules
WARNING: Kayaking, and Kayak Fishing can be DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES, and present a number of inherent risks.

Participation in any events organised using the Co-ordinated Trips section is entirely at your own risk. Neither the organising member(s), nor the administration team of the Kayak Fishing Down Under Forum, can accept any responsibility for loss, damage, injury or death arising from kayak fishing trips.

It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that they paddle and fish within their ability, and not to put themselves in harm’s way.

Even where safety suggestions are offered within the trips section, or elsewhere on the KFDU site, it is up to the individual kayaker to ensure that precautions appropriate to your trip circumstances are undertaken, and that all legal requirements of your state or territory are followed.

If you do not agree to these guidelines, please do not attend events organised in this section.
Hulla
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Logan Bayside
Kayaks: OK Ultra 4.7 Stealth supalight

Palmy or Kingscliff

#1 Post by Hulla » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:32 pm

Short notice but I plan to head out tomorrow morning to Palm Beach but wouldn't mind trying Kingscliff, I'm have not fished Kingscliff before so would rather have some company first time around so if anyone's going or would like to join us ?

Dean

Jamie D
2015 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales
Kayaks: Vortex VTX 560

Re: Palmy or Kingscliff

#2 Post by Jamie D » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:07 pm

Dean are you on the Facebook palmy yak fishing page ? Shoot Ant a messsge he’s been fishing a lot at kingy recently and has some good marks

Hulla
KFDU Angler

#3 Post by Hulla » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Jamie D wrote:Dean are you on the Facebook palmy yak fishing page ? Shoot Ant a messsge he’s been fishing a lot at kingy recently and has some good marks

Thanks for the facebook info Jamie, It was Ant who recommended trying Kingscliff last week at Palmy.
Went to Palmy this morning, nice conditions but no fish from trolling just throwback fish and an octopus from bottom bashing.

Dean

Edstar
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Brissy goldy
Kayaks: Stealth splash, hobie outback, Eric's tunny

#4 Post by Edstar » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:04 pm

Hey dean. It’s been a while. How did u go yesterday any fish? Palmy or kingy?
It’s been hard for me to get out on the water this yr. 2nd kid still no sleeping through so makes it rough on my wife if ditch my baby responsibilities on her on the weekend. So fishing trips are few and far between. As soon as he starts sleeping more we should catch up.
Edstar.

Hulla
KFDU Angler

#5 Post by Hulla » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Edstar wrote:Hey dean. It’s been a while. How did u go yesterday any fish? Palmy or kingy?
It’s been hard for me to get out on the water this yr. 2nd kid still no sleeping through so makes it rough on my wife if ditch my baby responsibilities on her on the weekend. So fishing trips are few and far between. As soon as he starts sleeping more we should catch up.
Edstar.
Hi Ed, Went to Palmy. Rather uneventful, trolled a pike and a hard body squid for a couple of hours over the reef with no action then dropped pilchards down and caught unknown fish and an octopus. There were some minor bust ups lasting about 10 seconds but it was a beautiful morning on the water, not too cold.
Give us a call when you or Tam can make it out next and remember children sleep a lot better when their Dad smells of freshly caught fish. http://www.kfdu.com.au/forum/posting.ph ... 0&p=422160#

Return to “Coordinated Fishing Trips”