South West Rocks Feb/Mar 2019?

Want to organise a fishing trip? Post the details here!
Forum rules
WARNING: Kayaking, and Kayak Fishing can be DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES, and present a number of inherent risks.

Participation in any events organised using the Co-ordinated Trips section is entirely at your own risk. Neither the organising member(s), nor the administration team of the Kayak Fishing Down Under Forum, can accept any responsibility for loss, damage, injury or death arising from kayak fishing trips.

It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that they paddle and fish within their ability, and not to put themselves in harm’s way.

Even where safety suggestions are offered within the trips section, or elsewhere on the KFDU site, it is up to the individual kayaker to ensure that precautions appropriate to your trip circumstances are undertaken, and that all legal requirements of your state or territory are followed.

If you do not agree to these guidelines, please do not attend events organised in this section.
rlenno
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Coffs Coast NSW
Kayaks: GT470

Re: South West Rocks Feb/Mar 2019?

#46 Post by rlenno » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:39 pm

I fished Sat + Sun morning. Water was beautiful, blue, clear and 24 - 25 degrees. Lots of slimy's about. Towed some around for several hours both days for nada. Hopefully everyone else has some better luck!

nobrandbali
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Wamberal, central coast, NSW
Kayaks: Evo 495

#47 Post by nobrandbali » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:02 pm

fish sat and Monday, saw jew and probably a marlin mark at the jims but cant get it bite

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

#48 Post by arpie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:39 pm

I headed up on Wed afternoon, (originally planning to be there Thurs-Sat but got scared off with Cyclone Oma!) and caught up with Grant & Deb, Bobby, Kev/Croc, a couple of Gavins & a few more yakkers - I hope to get back again in March sometime, before Grant heads back home again.

The weather ended up being perfect! grrrr I didn't take my yak as it was just overnight ... and was too busy gas bagging to fish anyway (even tho I had a travel rod with me!)

Grant & Debbie
P2200034.jpg
Grant & his new 'toy' - a Bixpy Propulsion unit! AMAZING! It gets up to 10mph from that small unit!!
P2210036.jpg
Grant is chafing at the bit, to get home & whack it onto his rudder! :lek:

Have fun guys - I hope the cyclone hasn't whacked you too badly since Thurs ...... Take care, stay safe!

Roberta
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

XDCammer
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Southern NSW
Kayaks: Adventure Island and Stealth Profisha 525

#49 Post by XDCammer » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:58 pm

Hey Arpie. It was great to see all and sundry as well, albeit, the mackerel were not on the bite.
Cheers mate, BobbyB.

(Again next year) :wink:
Time spent on reconnaissance is time never wasted.

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

#50 Post by arpie » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Grant now has the Bixpy attached to his kayak - he had to put the 'old' big rudder on to 'take' the unit & then do some 'clever' adjusting with some 100lb nylon & bungee to hold said rudder 'down' .... but has it working nicely now.

Grant & Debbie are up there there for another week or 2 ..... if you drop in for a fish, make sure you make contact.

Roberta
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

XDCammer
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Southern NSW
Kayaks: Adventure Island and Stealth Profisha 525

#51 Post by XDCammer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:04 am

I wish I could go up again Arpie, the weather looks fantastic. Toying with the idea of getting a Penn Torque 30 lever drag for my next trip.
Good to see the Bixby is working with the Revo 13, they're a very good little unit. Oh just before I forget, look who makes a cameo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWygxAdyKXE

Cheers, BobbyB.
Time spent on reconnaissance is time never wasted.

Return to “Coordinated Fishing Trips”