Lorne Reef

For Information on how to join please contact member Spanky via PM

Lorne Reef

Postby NorthSIKer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Quick report for a conditions report.

Popped out to Lorne Reef for a quick fish this morning.

Target was the longtail that always seem to hang around that area. However I saw no sign at all of them this time, the few birds I saw were moving about looking as well.

Trolled up the obligatory shark and wolf herring on the way (both within a few km of the reef). Spent an hour bottom bashing the current side and over the reef. Only a few little things - papuan jawfish, little cod and a trout 2cm off keeping :cry: Nothing on the way back other than something that jumped on the back deck of my kayak and flapped a couple of times before making it back to the ocean. I didn't see it.

Conditions were good. The water is not dirty but quite green all the way to the island.
NorthSIKer
KFDU 1000 Club

Local Fishing Region: North Queensland
Kayaks: Mirage 582, Kaskazi Skua

Re: Lorne Reef

Postby nigel » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:18 am

Re "something that jumped on the back deck" I was out for a paddle on Lane Cove River yesterday on my Surf Ski & a mullet launched & wedged itself in the space in front of foot pedals funny cus I've never caught one conventional method :lol: good to hear your still getting out mate.

Nigel
ImageImage
nigel
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: sydney & surrounding areas
Kayaks: Stealth BFS 470 dag midway Cobra expedition apollo x1 ski

Re: Lorne Reef

Postby NorthSIKer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:12 pm

nigel wrote: I was out for a paddle on Lane Cove River yesterday on my Surf Ski & a mullet launched & wedged itself in the space in front of foot pedals funny cus I've never caught one conventional method

Most efficient way of getting a livie that I've heard yet :lol:
NorthSIKer
KFDU 1000 Club

Local Fishing Region: North Queensland
Kayaks: Mirage 582, Kaskazi Skua

Return to Townsville Kayak Fishing CLub