Lucinda-Townsville 29/10-2/11

For Information on how to join please contact member Spanky via PM

Lucinda-Townsville 29/10-2/11

Postby dirvin21 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:32 am

Me and the better half are flying up to Townsville arriving the 29/10 and staying at Lucinda
basically driving around in a hire car fishing land based for the week aiming at fishing both salt and freshwater
Just after some suggestions of places to try, I have a few options already such as the Tully gorge
Not asking for anyone's secret spot X just after some suggestions on where to start
cheers guys
Dave
PB: BASS: 47cm, SNAPPER: 62cm, TAILOR: 60cm, BREAM: 43cm, FLATHEAD: 65cm, GOLDEN PERCH: 52cm, JEW: 33cm

NSW NORTH COAST KAYAK FISHING CLUB
dirvin21
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Nambucca Heads
Kayaks: sit-on fisherman

Re: Lucinda-Townsville 29/10-2/11

Postby Whisky » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:41 pm

Not expert advice:

1. Lucinda Jetty (not the 6km one, I mean the one open for public): been there 2 times, no fish caught one time, the other time, grunter after grunter on Coles prawns (just about 50m from shore).
2. Tully River: upper reach (I mean below the hydro-power building) where a rafting operator was operating, sooty grunter on lure. Problem is that it is just for catch and release. Remeber to check the national park boundary. After watching a few Jeremy Wade's episodes, I think it could be a perfect place for huge Marble Eel. There is no uncertainty that the lower reach won't be without river monsters.
3. South Mission beach, the walk from south of the boat ramp, Whitings and grunters. I caught a yummy mub crab on soft plastic there.

good luck, best time to visit this region.
Whisky
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Townsville
Kayaks: Dorado II, RTM Disco, Hobie Maui

Postby dirvin21 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:43 pm

Cheers mate
PB: BASS: 47cm, SNAPPER: 62cm, TAILOR: 60cm, BREAM: 43cm, FLATHEAD: 65cm, GOLDEN PERCH: 52cm, JEW: 33cm

NSW NORTH COAST KAYAK FISHING CLUB
dirvin21
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Nambucca Heads
Kayaks: sit-on fisherman

Postby NorthSIKer » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:29 pm

Maybe also the Cardwell Jetty but otherwise looks like Whisky got you sorted.
NorthSIKer
KFDU 1000 Club

Local Fishing Region: North Queensland
Kayaks: Mirage 582, Kaskazi Skua

Postby nobillie » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:29 am

NorthSIKer wrote:Maybe also the Cardwell Jetty but otherwise looks like Whisky got you sorted.

We've recently bought a property up at South Mission Beach, haven't had the opportunity to fish as yet, but have been listening to lots of local yarns etc. Plenty of spots for kayak fishing, within a half hour's paddle ( which would be my limit ), stay away from the creeks (mangrove/saltwater ones) without a boat...the snappers large and plentiful apparently. Just out of interest the CARDWELL JETTY, does it fish well on a high tide?
nobillie
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: ex-South Coast NSW but Townsville region now
Kayaks: Hobie 13 Revo OK 4.5 Prowler Elite Malibu Stealth(past) OK 4.1 Trident

Postby LODO » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:45 am

I've heard of people catching good fish off the jetty ... from sitting on the Jetty.

I wouldn't hover around there on a yak though, as there is a very frequent snapping handbag that is pictured there quite often.
LODO
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Townsville
Kayaks: Hobie Tandem Island beefcake.

Return to Townsville Kayak Fishing CLub