Welcome to Townsville Kayak Fishing Club

For Information on how to join please contact member Spanky via PM

Welcome to Townsville Kayak Fishing Club

Postby spanky » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi All,
I've established the Townsville Kayak Fishing Social Club... our own space on KFDU to post and share stories and to organise regular group outings.

Cheers
Spanky :wink:
spanky
Club Co-ordinator

Local Fishing Region: Townsville region
Kayaks: Stealth Profisha 575

Re: Welcome to Townsville Kayak Fishing Club

Postby Harris » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Nice job spanky look forward to catching up with the crew around here
Steve
Harris
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Townsville
Kayaks: Malibu stealth 9

Postby LODO » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:30 pm

You bloody RIPPA!!!!

Great stuff!!!
LODO
KFDU 500 Club

Kayaks: Hobie Tandem Island beefcake.

Postby nqkayaktours » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 pm

Im in. :grin: :grin:
Take your rubbish out full, bring it back empty.

Barra 85c.m, Black Brim 43, Talapia 36, Jungle perch 24, Fresh water catfish 55, sleepy cod 49, Doggie mack 58, fingermark 46, blue nose salmon 44.

http://www.nqkayaktours.com.au
Follow us on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/nqkayaktours
nqkayaktours
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Townsville area, Charters Towers, Greenvale, Great Barrier Reef.
Kayaks: 8 x RTM K-Largos, and 6 x Australis Lynxx

Postby NorthSIKer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Yeah well done.

Start the voting?

1st overnight trip - Forest Beach to Orpheus. Easiest going and best camping facilities of the overnighters I have done + pretty + good fishing. About 20km each way.

1st day trip - not the Ross River (sorry) :lol: .
NorthSIKer
KFDU 1000 Club

Local Fishing Region: North Queensland
Kayaks: Mirage 582, Kaskazi Skua

Postby spanky » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:30 pm

NorthSIKer wrote:Yeah well done.

Start the voting?

1st overnight trip - Forest Beach to Orpheus. Easiest going and best camping facilities of the overnighters I have done + pretty + good fishing. About 20km each way.

1st day trip - not the Ross River (sorry) :lol: .

20km each way.... sounds do-able if you give me a tow :lol:

What's the weather looking like over the long weekend? I'm wondering if we try to get a group together for a meet and greet paddle/bbq as our first get together??
spanky
Club Co-ordinator

Postby KayakAngler » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Very cool! Ill be checking this section first when logging on :gu:

Cheers Matt
KayakAngler
KFDU Angler

Kayaks: Hobie PA 14

Postby NorthSIKer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:05 pm

spanky wrote:20km each way.... sounds do-able if you give me a tow :lol:

What's the weather looking like over the long weekend? I'm wondering if we try to get a group together for a meet and greet paddle/bbq as our first get together??

Why, you managed 14km last sunday morning ok :lek:

Wind looks like it is dropping back by Sunday http://www.weatherzone.com.au/marine/qld/tropical-waters?d=0#wind
NorthSIKer
KFDU 1000 Club

Local Fishing Region: North Queensland
Kayaks: Mirage 582, Kaskazi Skua

Postby nqkayaktours » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:18 pm

NorthSIKer wrote:Why, you managed 14km last sunday morning ok

Which would have actually exceeded the 14 klms, by paddling into the wind that many times, and over the distance covered doing it. :wink: :grin: :lol: :lol:
Might be able to get in a half days fishing this weekend. Where does someone have in mind. Im keen to actually hit middle reef up this time. Not be blown away. :grin: But that is yak fishing. :grin:

cheers and tight lines,
Ian

Barra 85c.m, Black Brim 43, Talapia 36, Jungle perch 24, Fresh water catfish 55, sleepy cod 49, Doggie mack 58, fingermark 46, blue nose salmon 44.

nqkayaktours
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Townsville area, Charters Towers, Greenvale, Great Barrier Reef.

Postby spanky » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:20 pm

NorthSIKer wrote:
spanky wrote:20km each way.... sounds do-able if you give me a tow :lol:

Why, you managed 14km last sunday morning ok :lek:

Wind looks like it is dropping back by Sunday http://www.weatherzone.com.au/marine/qld/tropical-waters?d=0#wind

Yeah... 14km wasn't that bad actually... would have been easier without that wind! But still think I should build up my distance (get fitter) before tackling that :grin:
Wind doesn't look too bad... not sure about the rain though.
spanky
Club Co-ordinator

Postby nqkayaktours » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:21 pm

NorthSIKer wrote:1st day trip - not the Ross River (sorry) .

Why????????????????????????????? :egrin:

Actually, right out the front should be good for fishing this weekend, especially after the rains and a good flush out.

Cheers and tight lines,
Ian

nqkayaktours
KFDU 2000 Club

Postby spanky » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:43 pm

nqkayaktours wrote:
NorthSIKer wrote:Why, you managed 14km last sunday morning ok

Which would have actually exceeded the 14 klms, by paddling into the wind that many times, and over the distance covered doing it. :wink: :grin: :lol: :lol:
Might be able to get in a half days fishing this weekend. Where does someone have in mind. Im keen to actually hit middle reef up this time. Not be blown away. :grin: But that is yak fishing. :grin:

cheers and tight lines,
Ian

Middle reef yeah... but not launch from coast guard this time :lol:
Is there bbq facilities at Pallarenda... or rowes bay? There are a few that aren't equipped to get out to middle reef... but we could launch at Pallarenda or somewhere at Rowes Bay and fish the cliff face around to the strand, or head out to Vorago Shoals, those who want to head out to middle reef could do that. It'd be good to get everyone out on the water for our first official get together! We could time it to get back around 12ish and have a bbq... anyone who can't make it for a fish can drop by to do the meet and greet bbq. What do you guys reckon?
spanky
Club Co-ordinator

Postby nqkayaktours » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:25 pm

spanky wrote:Middle reef yeah... but not launch from coast guard this time
Is there bbq facilities at Pallarenda... or rowes bay? There are a few that aren't equipped to get out to middle reef... but we could launch at Pallarenda or somewhere at Rowes Bay and fish the cliff face around to the strand, or head out to Vorago Shoals, those who want to head out to middle reef could do that. It'd be good to get everyone out on the water for our first official get together! We could time it to get back around 12ish and have a bbq... anyone who can't make it for a fish can drop by to do the meet and greet bbq. What do you guys reckon?

I reckon you gotta learn the area first. Outgoing tide from Rowes Bay is not worth 2 squirts of goats pee if you are going out for a few good hours. Unless you want to drag your yak over 150 mtrs of crap to even get to the beach sand. (The tide goes out to nothing there). Then drag up and over the banks put in to stop erosion. Unless go from right down bottom end near mangroves where storm water pipe is. To avoid the banks only but. Still a pain in the bum. However, with the tides this weekend (high at around 0900 of 3.17, low around 1500 of 1.35), should be able to do it ok from Rowes. Can at times get some good fish (and crabs) from there round to kissing point. Both these areas have bbqs and toilets. Can also launch from the Strand, (good haul up the sand also, but can be done ok), :tire: but at least can put in/out any tide, go fishing, come back, then head to one of them for bbq. If they available. Can get pretty busy. Especially on weekends. Or if unlucky, run outa gas. :cry: Worth a try but. Long weekend also dont forget. And can put in/out at Pallerenda anytime. So see what someone comes up with. And what day and time.

Cheers and tight lines,
Ian

nqkayaktours
KFDU 2000 Club

Postby spanky » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 pm

Yeah I have fished kissing point quite a few times but only by motor boat... have caught some good fish out there too :grin: The current around the cliffs there can be a bit seedy though. I've not launched from Rowes Bay, wouldn't have thought it would be too difficult to get out on with the bigger tide this weekend.
As I said, I'm keen for middle reef as long as the weather is better than last weekend!! We'll see who wants to come along and get their input too... make decisions from there.

Spanky
spanky
Club Co-ordinator

Postby Biggles » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:04 am

Righy ho you lot, forget the fishing planning and get on with your logo design :blah:

All of Australia knows you are all inside out of the rain atm anyway, so you might as well do some computer homework :wink:

Al
Biggles
KFDU Site Manager

Local Fishing Region: SE Queensland
Kayaks: Hobie Quest 11, Hobie Pro Angler 12

Next

Return to Townsville Kayak Fishing CLub