Big day out at middle....again

For Information on how to join please contact member Spanky via PM
dave dudley
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Townsville
Kayaks: Hobie Quest Fisherman

Big day out at middle....again

#1 Post by dave dudley » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:22 pm

I wish this site could take my photos but anyway, me and Gerry a newbie to middle reef headed out at 6 30 got to the mark and tried a new spot with no success for an hour. Feeling a little despondent we moved to the normal mark I use and pretty much cleaned up again with the help of some attractant I've started using thanks to Gees efforts a couple Of weeks back. This was Gerrys first foray to middle using his unlucky rod and his new Viking so well done, we took home five grunter the smallest 40 the biggest 65. Lost about 4 and got a couple of catfish, realised 2 undersize.

Two fellas were heading west but I didn't recognise them and one was close by the ramp. You wouldn't think a croc had been lurking the other day, there must have been at least 30 swimming there and the local yacht club. All up a bloody good day and rain at rangewood.

NorthSIKer
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: North Queensland
Kayaks: Mirage 582, Kaskazi Skua

Re: Big day out at middle....again

#2 Post by NorthSIKer » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:52 pm

Nice work - you certainly have these grunter sorted out! I wish I could have got out this weekend too.

With the photos - have you tried formatting and downsizing your pictures in in Irfanview (it is free, easy and reliable)?

dave dudley
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Townsville
Kayaks: Hobie Quest Fisherman

#3 Post by dave dudley » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:26 am

I know nothing of computer I just had a look and there are about 20 offering downloads who do you trust?

NorthSIKer
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: North Queensland
Kayaks: Mirage 582, Kaskazi Skua

#4 Post by NorthSIKer » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:07 pm

dave dudley wrote:I know nothing of computer I just had a look and there are about 20 offering downloads who do you trust?
I got if from the official website http://www.irfanview.com/

You are right to be wary of those secondary download sites - if in doubt, don't touch them. Some are no doubt ok, but just not worth it if you can't be sure.

Return to “Townsville Kayak Fishing CLub”