Next Trip to the coast?? 25 Sep 2016

For Information on how to join please contact member ua5qb via PM
johnh
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Bundaberg
Kayaks: Hobie Adventure Island & Revo 13

Re: Next Trip to the coast?? 25 Sep 2016

#31 Post by johnh » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:52 pm

XDCammer wrote:No worries Wayne, you'll notice the difference. My day off on Wednesday, see Scotty. We have spectra line in the shop too.
Another nice one Johnno, they're in great condition. There looks to be a few on the sounder too mate.
Ya, the amount of huge schools of bait and larger fisher showing on the sounder was amazing. It allowed me to set up some good drifts. I managed to land a heap of smaller snapper and the other pesky types like wrase, Sgt. Bakers, and other sharp toothed critters that kept biting me off.

mjbondie
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Canberra
Kayaks: PA12 (2014)

#32 Post by mjbondie » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:46 pm

Nice effort there John. I was awaiting the results of this trip to see if it is worth a trip down there. I would of tried to join and meet you all last weekend but had prior engagements. I will be stalking the forum for the next trip. Cheers Mitch

ua5qb
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Monaro & Far Sth Coast NSW
Kayaks: OutBack (RIP), Hobie AI (not red or yellow)

#33 Post by ua5qb » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:58 am

johnh wrote:
ua5qb wrote:Good to catchup John. I didn't get around to the area you suggested before the weather started changing. No fish but a good few hours on the water, had a few bumps on the troll but too busy enjoying the run under the breeze. Was going out tomorrow, but the up rudder control line snapped as I was packing away. Too much sunshine must have weakened it. Will see if I can get some line tomorrow. I'm going to replace all the control lines to be sure to be sure.

Bob, I'll be in Wednesday morning to put deposit on the AI.
It was certainly nice out on the water and a nice change to get consistent wind for some good runs under sail. Unlike the gusty winds we get here on the local lakes.

I would have liked to spend another week down there. Damn work :grr:
OK posted another trip 29-20 Oct.

Yes the wind was excellent, Heading back and forth across the bay mouth was great trawling, reminded me of the time we did the same thing at Jervis Bay although JB had thought long slow swells that let you keep the sail full. I must have been going too fast as the soft plastic had a series of nips taken out of it on the body but no tail touches.

Ramp was a bit slippery, someone was injured last week so I was told, ambulance and all that. sand has been washed away form the side of the ramp so driving down onto the beach to reverse into the ramp isn't possible. Too steep for the trailer to get back up onto the ramp.

johnh
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Bundaberg
Kayaks: Hobie Adventure Island & Revo 13

#34 Post by johnh » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:15 am

Yeah, I didn't bother trying to retrieve the AI on the trailer. Along with the slippery ramp the swells put me off trying to do it single handed.

I just landed on the beach, dismantled, put the yak on the cart and wheeled it up to the trailer. Took a bit longer but was a lot less stressful.

Return to “Far South NSW Coast”