One Million $$$ Tagged Cod @ 2015 Cod Classic

An annual event showcasing the mighty Murray Cod
Codclassic
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Lake Mulwala

One Million $$$ Tagged Cod @ 2015 Cod Classic

#1 Post by Codclassic » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:07 am

2015 Cod Classic One Million $$$ Tagged Cod*

Never before has there been such excitement in the lead up to a fishing event than the upcoming 2015 Yamaha Cod Classic. With the amazing prize of a potential $1 Million* :lek: :lek: :lek: on offer for anybody who can catch "Phil" the specially tagged Murray Cod, you would be crazy to miss this iconic event held at the home of the Murray Cod - Lake Mulwala.

An estimated 3000+ anglers will be looking to share in the staggering prize pool that totals in excess of $150K plus the $1 Million Cash bonus*. A Isuzu D-Max Ute, seven boating packages plus a list of goods to long to mention will see the twin towns of Yarrawonga /Mulwala come alive over the weekend of December 4th - 6th. In its 16th year, the Cod Classic celebrates the opening to Cod season and continues to go from strength to strength being a bench mark for many other tournaments to follow.

The “Fishing & Outdoors” expo will be a main feature with the chance to grab a bargain not to be missed. Other popular parts of the competition include iconic entertainer “Flathead Fred” for the juniors; “Cod Talk” with Rod “Codmac” McKenzie and Gus Storer, and the Samurai Rods Australian Pro Casting Championships. The “Native Watercraft" Australian Canoe & Kayak Cod Fishing Championships enters its fifth year. Catering for the new breed of fisherman who chose to fish from either a canoe and kayak, this event is a must for those who chose paddle and Pedal over petrol and power.

Designed for the family with all levels of fishing skills catered for, everybody has a chance of winning one of the many great prizes on offer weather fishing from boat or bank, using either bait or lures. Majority of prizes are randomly drawn with you not having to catch a fish to be a winner! Those that are lucky enough to register either a legal size Murray Cod or Golden Perch go into additional draws to win extra great prizes. There will be over 1500 prizes (adults) and all juniors will receive several prizes.

Entry fee, Adults $95 pre paid / $100 on weekend and juniors $50. This includes four meals, souvenir stubby holder, a free ticket in major boat raffle, Wilson Slickback lure & Bassman Spinnerbait (for the kids), entry into 1000’s of lucky door prize draws and the promise of a great weekend.

Sharpen your hooks, pack the boat, grab your swag and baton down the hatches as the 2015 Yamaha Cod Classic is going to be HUGE! See you all in Yarrawonga / Mulwala for the chance to “catch a legend” in the mighty Lake Mulwala.

For more information check out – http://www.codclassic.com.au, Call into Lake Mulwala Fish Camp & Ski, 74 Melbourne St Mulwala (Opposite Post Office) the official Cod Classic shop or call Tony Bennett 0439 441667. *Conditions apply. Check web site for details.

Cheers TB

ScuLL&fIsHbOnEs
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Midcoast NSW
Kayaks: Hobie Outback

Re: One Million $$$ Tagged Cod @ 2015 Cod Classic

#2 Post by ScuLL&fIsHbOnEs » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:29 am

Within 2 minutes of reading this post I had already worked out on google map its an 8 hour drive and 778 km trip.
Now the delicate matter of telling the wife :wink:
Bloody tempting fishing comp..... :love:

Fletch
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Illawarra
Kayaks: Hobie Revo and Viking Nemo

#3 Post by Fletch » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:56 pm

ScuLL&fIsHbOnEs wrote:Within 2 minutes of reading this post I had already worked out on google map its an 8 hour drive and 778 km trip.
Now the delicate matter of telling the wife :wink:
Bloody tempting fishing comp..... :love:
Near enough to 7 hours for me. After the first trip with the crew from this site I have made it 3 in 3 years. Again I am expecting to be there. A very well run comp that the kayaks can compete head to head against the boaties.
Bring it on..
Fletch
Yak PB's, Dusky Flathead 95cm, Sand Flathead 51cm, Snapper 57cm, Yellowbelly 59cm, Murray Cod 75cm,Whiting 37cm, Australian Salmon 58.5cm, Redfin 41.2cm, Bonito 58cm, Tailor 38cm, Bass 30cm and one monster squid 107.5cm overall..... Watch ths space.

Member of the South Coast Kayak Fisho's and Wollongong Sportfishing Club.

Yaktastic
2014 Freshwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: Southern Highlands NSW / South Coast NSW / Fresh Water Impoundments
Kayaks: Hobie Outback 2015, NW Mariner 10, Australis Bass

#4 Post by Yaktastic » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:34 pm

I've got the dates set down for this. Sounds like a great weekend! :cool:
Kayaking PB's : Murray Cod 88cm, Yellow Belly 58cm, Bass 38cm FL, Eel Tail Catfish 54cm, Carp 68cm FL, Redfin 40 FL, Luderick 33cm FL, Flathead 82cm, Leather Jacket 20cm FL, Bream 37cmFL 41cmTL, Estuary Perch 36cm FL, Snapper 40cm FL, Trevally 30cm FL, Jewfish 75cm.

Member - Southern Highlands Kayak Fisho's

Follow on Instagram - yak_angler

Gazzaguru
KFDU 3000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Illawarra NSW
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Hobie Pro-Angler, Old Town Vapour

#5 Post by Gazzaguru » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:27 pm

Its not to be missed Mitch but don,t think it is too serious. Majority of people are there for just a good time. If you catch fish its a bonus and if you win something big in the raffles its a real bonus. The whole town gets behind the event. The amount of volunteer helpers is amazing. Pretty sure I,m going. Been twice before. Plenty of sponsors there with tents and you can get some good bargains. Plenty of kayaks to drool at and there is baitcasting championships for the professionals. They are worth watching. A great weekend and most meals catered for in your entry fee. No need to take any food at all really. Gaz
PB,S from the yak - Amberjack 38cm, Bass 40cm, Bream 35cm, Bonito 36cm, Catfish 29cm, flathead 73cm, Redfin 35cm, EP 34cm, golden perch 55cm, murray cod 73cm, salmon 45cm silver trevally 43cm, tailor 39cm, whiting 40cm.
member of NSW South Coast Kayak Fishos.

Whoever invented these on call rosters for work needs a rocket fair up their clacka.

Codclassic
KFDU Angler

#6 Post by Codclassic » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:17 am

G'day all Yak fishers.

Don't forget if any of you do enter, enter under the team name "Yak Fishers' as you did a couple of years ago. Make sure you fill this section in on the entry form. There is always a great prize for the best represented group. If anybody is looking for an entry form best bet is send me an email codclassic@bigpond.com and Ill get one to you ASAP.

Look forward to seeing you all back once again.

Cheers Tony Bennett M 0439441667

Yaktastic
2014 Freshwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: Southern Highlands NSW / South Coast NSW / Fresh Water Impoundments
Kayaks: Hobie Outback 2015, NW Mariner 10, Australis Bass

#7 Post by Yaktastic » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:46 pm

Gazzaguru wrote:Its not to be missed Mitch but don,t think it is too serious. Majority of people are there for just a good time. If you catch fish its a bonus and if you win something big in the raffles its a real bonus. The whole town gets behind the event. The amount of volunteer helpers is amazing. Pretty sure I,m going. Been twice before. Plenty of sponsors there with tents and you can get some good bargains. Plenty of kayaks to drool at and there is baitcasting championships for the professionals. They are worth watching. A great weekend and most meals catered for in your entry fee. No need to take any food at all really. Gaz
Cheers Gaz. I'm hoping it's not to serious , having caught a total of 2 cod in my
life I'm certainly not coming down if the emphasis is on achieving. A well run social event with an emphasis on camping and fishing on the other hand, with a chance of great prizes, a fresh dam to explore and during my annual leave sounds great ! I know a few people down that way as well. But if you think I'll be led down the path of your green ginger for a second time your wrong ... :grin:
Kayaking PB's : Murray Cod 88cm, Yellow Belly 58cm, Bass 38cm FL, Eel Tail Catfish 54cm, Carp 68cm FL, Redfin 40 FL, Luderick 33cm FL, Flathead 82cm, Leather Jacket 20cm FL, Bream 37cmFL 41cmTL, Estuary Perch 36cm FL, Snapper 40cm FL, Trevally 30cm FL, Jewfish 75cm.

Member - Southern Highlands Kayak Fisho's

Follow on Instagram - yak_angler

MattoTarpon
KFDU 3000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Anywhere There Is Bass
Kayaks: Hobie Quest 13 , WS Aspire 105.

#8 Post by MattoTarpon » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:23 pm

A bit closer and i would be there..

GMaps its location and sorta thought....sigh :roll:
Bass - 52cm
Mary River Cod 69cm my dream catch.
Flathead - 64cm Yellowbelly - 54cm
Bream - 38cm Silver Perch - 44cm
Saratoga - 74cm Flounder - 33cm
Whiting - 27cm

ITS A GODDAMN SHARKNADO!!!!!

Codclassic
KFDU Angler

#9 Post by Codclassic » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:17 pm

G'day all.

For anyone interested, the Cod Classic's new web site has just been launched. If you are interested in finding out more info, getting an entry form or entering on line check out http://www.codclassic.com.au

Unfortunately we haven't got a payment option for the Canoe / Kayak section. This will have to be paid for with a standard Cod Classic entry and ACKCFC entry form. For more info feel free to give me a call on M 0439441667

Cheers
Tony Bennett
Cod Classic Event Director

yak-gear
HOTW Australia
Local Fishing Region: ppb - Williamstown, vic
Kayaks: wavedance kingfisher, aquayak snapper

#10 Post by yak-gear » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:30 pm

Team.yak fisher will be there again this year, bigger and better..

Post coming soon.. Caravan park booked again..

I'll be there and so will a few more..

Gazzaguru
KFDU 3000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Illawarra NSW
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Hobie Pro-Angler, Old Town Vapour

#11 Post by Gazzaguru » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:24 am

Got my entry form today. Will watch this site closely. Lets hope for a great roll up. Gaz
PB,S from the yak - Amberjack 38cm, Bass 40cm, Bream 35cm, Bonito 36cm, Catfish 29cm, flathead 73cm, Redfin 35cm, EP 34cm, golden perch 55cm, murray cod 73cm, salmon 45cm silver trevally 43cm, tailor 39cm, whiting 40cm.
member of NSW South Coast Kayak Fishos.

Whoever invented these on call rosters for work needs a rocket fair up their clacka.

westyjames
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: western vic

#12 Post by westyjames » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Myself and a few buddies are bringing our yaks along to this, as first timers to the lake, where would be the best spot to base ourselfs?

Codclassic
KFDU Angler

#13 Post by Codclassic » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:28 pm

Westyjams

I think you will find that "Team Yak Fisher" mostly comprised of members from KFDU camp together at Kyffins Reserve. I'm not exactly sure where bouts but keep your eyes posted here and somebody is sure to let you know.

Cheers Tony Bennett

Snow
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Coffs Harbour
Kayaks: Moken 10 Lure and a Mantra Noa

#14 Post by Snow » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:29 am

Anyone who caught a cod at the Glen Lyon comp this last week felt like they had won a million dollars :lol: :lol: .
I might have to have a look at getting to this one.
Sometimes when I blink, I can't see

Fletch
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Illawarra
Kayaks: Hobie Revo and Viking Nemo

#15 Post by Fletch » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:32 pm

westyjames wrote:Myself and a few buddies are bringing our yaks along to this, as first timers to the lake, where would be the best spot to base ourselfs?
The first year we went we camped at Kyffins, however the last 2 years (and I believe again this year) we were based at Denison County Park. It is right on the water and cod can be caught as soon as you launch. A 5 minute drive into town for all the festivities. Check out reports for the last few years.
I cannot recommend this event highly enough. All welcome to fish as “team yakfisher” remember to put that as the club name on the entry form.
Fletch
Yak PB's, Dusky Flathead 95cm, Sand Flathead 51cm, Snapper 57cm, Yellowbelly 59cm, Murray Cod 75cm,Whiting 37cm, Australian Salmon 58.5cm, Redfin 41.2cm, Bonito 58cm, Tailor 38cm, Bass 30cm and one monster squid 107.5cm overall..... Watch ths space.

Member of the South Coast Kayak Fisho's and Wollongong Sportfishing Club.

Return to “Annual Cod Classic - Lake Mulwala”