KFDU 2017-2018 Grand Fishing Masters Leaderboard

If you like competing in a friendly, low pressure setting then this is a great place to check out our social competitions

KFDU 2017-2018 Grand Fishing Masters Leaderboard

Postby Leper » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:12 pm

All fishing entries form the other challenges will be entered here and added to the tally to become KFDU's first Master Angler!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brad

ImageImage

For other bass fishing adventures check out my blog at http://www.yakbassaustralia.com
Leper
KFDU Site Manager

Local Fishing Region: SE Queensland
Kayaks: Old Town Vapor 10 Angler, Mantra Noa, Viking Tempo and Eco Daintree

Re: KFDU 2017-2018 Grand Fishing Master Leaderboard

Postby Leper » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:33 pm

Here is the first update to the Masters Leaderboard after the first week of officially opening. I already can see how tight it will be at the end of the competition and the amount of strategy that will need to be employed at the end to be in a chance to win. That is which species to target to maximise your upgrade potential and even whic season to fish for what species to maximise upgrade potential! Looking forward to the chaos at the back end of this aspect of the social competition!
Brad

ImageImage

For other bass fishing adventures check out my blog at http://www.yakbassaustralia.com
Leper
KFDU Site Manager

Re: KFDU 2017-2018 Grand Fishing Masters Leaderboard

Postby Hotcuppa » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:12 pm

Hey Brad, just to clarify, B and S are Bass and Snapper right?
Cheers again for organising, I find these comps are really motivating me to go out and stay out on the water more.
- Joey
Hotcuppa
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: NNSW - SEQLD
Kayaks: Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100

Postby Leper » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:46 pm

Hotcuppa wrote:Hey Brad, just to clarify, B and S are Bass and Snapper right?
Cheers again for organising, I find these comps are really motivating me to go out and stay out on the water more.
- Joey

Yes mate bass and snapper!
Brad

ImageImage

Leper
KFDU Site Manager

Postby Huggy1956 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Hi,
Caught a couple of nice fish today
Bream 39cm
Flathead 42 cm
Flathead 38 cm
How do I enter this competition.
I wrote 741 on my measurer and took photos.
Flathead 75 cm
Bream 43 cm (2 centimetres bigger than Riles)
Whiting 38cm
Luderick 30 cm
Mullet 34cm
Trevalley 38cm
Long Tom (who cares)
Huggy1956
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Wallis lakes, Forster
Kayaks: 9 foot fishing Kayak

Postby Leper » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:24 pm

Huggy1956 wrote:Hi,
Caught a couple of nice fish today
Bream 39cm
Flathead 42 cm
Flathead 38 cm
How do I enter this competition.
I wrote 741 on my measurer and took photos.

Send the photos to me via PM
Brad

ImageImage

Leper
KFDU Site Manager

Postby Leper » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Update

Three new competitions kicked off this weekend with the Bass, Mangrove Jack and Snapper Competitions getting their first entries. We also had a few upgrades with arpie entering a 77cm Flathead into the mix and setting her up for a substantial lead on the Masters leaderboard. We also had our first member tick off entries of three different species with pdfarrell adding a Snapper to his bag. Woodsy also entered the first full bag of Australian bass to start his charge in the Comp. A big thanks to everyone getting involved too!

Also keep an eye on the scoreboards for errors as I am juggling quite a few photos and entries at the moment! :lol: Feel free to pull me up if I make a mistake or enter a photo that may have missed a rule or two!

Could I also remind everyone to read the rules carefully to avoid having entries rejected. All photos need to;

1. Have a kayak in the background.
2. Be of live fish.
3. Have the YUFN clear on the photo
4. Have a clear measuring device to enable easy confirmation of size.

I hate disqualifying photos especially of good fish and have had to do it a few times. So please try to keep these rules in mind when sending in entries.

Cheers

Brad
Brad

ImageImage

Leper
KFDU Site Manager

Postby Leper » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:08 pm

Quite a few changes to the social competitions this weekend. Ads22 kicked off the barramundi Social Comp and Grimbo kicked off the Redfin Comp. Colin98 continued his slow creep up the boards with a bream upgrade that has him sniffing at arpie's #1 spot in the bream comp. Lastly a flattie upgrade and a Snapper had pdfarrell take the lead in the KFDU Masters and knock arpie from top spot.

The opening of bass season next weekend should see quite a bit of movement on the leaderboards as well! Can't wait!
Brad

ImageImage

Leper
KFDU Site Manager

Postby Leper » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:07 am

There have been quite a few upgrades and fish caught and added to the scoreboards over the weeekend. With September 1st ticking over and a few keen basses heading out we had the Bass comp kick off in ernest. arpie is still having a cracker of a season with a bass PB cementing her on top of the Masters board. She has managed to net the "big fish" in three of the species so far and is becoming tough to beat! I will upgrade the rest of the scoreboards tonight!
Brad

ImageImage

Leper
KFDU Site Manager

Postby Leper » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:34 pm

A few new upgrades to the Masters folks. Arpie has managed her second 700+cm flathead to tally up an impressive lead in the overall competition however she is no longer the "Queen of Bream" with Rory22 managing to bag a kicker of a bream at 420mm to place her firmly at the top of the leaderboard. I am top of the bass competition at the moment with a couple of good fish but it is early days yet and I reckon there will be a lot of movement there in the next few weeks.

Don't forget all the other minor competitions on at the moment and it might be worth a refresh of what is on offer. A few reports are going up with fish that could be entered into the comps. All you need to do s write 741 onto your bragmat and you are right to go!

Cheers

Brad
Brad

ImageImage

Leper
KFDU Site Manager

Postby Leper » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:27 am

Well the latest update has our first member with a full bag for the Masters and as a result pdfarrell has now taken the lead from arpie. Arpie is now smashing it with the flatties and has a bag that includes two 700mm+ flathead. Mackayak has joined the fun and also has a 700mm+ flathead in his bag which is also very impressive. Enjoylife and Grimbo have also now joined in the fun so the comp is going strong. I'm still seeing plenty of reports of fish that aren't in the comp and it would be so easy to join in the fun. Just write the YUFN of 741 on your brag mat and send me a couple of photos to join the fun! Too Easy!
Brad

ImageImage

Leper
KFDU Site Manager

Postby Leper » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi folks, all the Social Fishing competitions have been updated. The biggest changes are a few big flathead upgrades from rocky and pdfarrell as well as a quality jack to rocky who has now got a full bag of Mangrove jack. Keep the entries coming and don’t forget the Esturay Cod are one of our target species too!
Brad

ImageImage

Leper
KFDU Site Manager

Return to KFDU Social Fishing Competitions