Social Flathead Challenge II (Results and Trip Reports)

If you like competing in a friendly, low pressure setting then this is a great place to check out our social competitions
Leper
KFDU Site Manager
Local Fishing Region: SE Queensland
Kayaks: Old Town Vapor 10 Angler, Mantra Noa, Viking Tempo and Eco Daintree

Re: Social Flathead Challenge II (Results and Trip Reports)

#16 Post by Leper » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Good on ya for letting the big girl go Stonecold. She'll definately reward you by restocking your favourite systems in the future!! :fg:
Brad

ImageImage

For other bass fishing adventures check out my blog at http://www.yakbassaustralia.com

stonecold
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: North Rivers
Kayaks: Viking Espri

#17 Post by stonecold » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:16 pm

Im thinking they should all be let go at that size Brad...mine do anyway...Is it possible to copy and past the report into the estuary section from your end or do i need to do that?
Flathead - 79.5cm
Jew - 77cm
Cod (murray)- 90cm
Bass (wild) - 45cm

dishley

#18 Post by dishley » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:24 pm

Geez some people are hard to satisfy, two almighty lizards and winning a comp just wasn't enough, you had to go and catch a nice Jew just to really show us up :re: :snic:

Awesome work mate

stonecold
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: North Rivers
Kayaks: Viking Espri

#19 Post by stonecold » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:47 pm

promise mate.... it was an accident :snic:
Flathead - 79.5cm
Jew - 77cm
Cod (murray)- 90cm
Bass (wild) - 45cm

Mac
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: east coast
Kayaks: Fisha 460

#20 Post by Mac » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Firstly,congrats Brad on organising agreat fun comp.

well done Stonecold on your beauties and a great read,you had me in fits of :ll: with your report,
I don't think it would be out of place in "'comedy capers"

well it was a top morning on the water for me and a few of the sydney guy's Sunday.
started of throwing some plastics around some shallows whilst making my way to the main
channel where I know some decent flatties hold up regularly,no joy to be had on the flats.
started a troll along the channel with the runout approx 40 mins in bang...hookup,a short tussle
and a 36 model is onboard,bewdy on the board.this is where the fun begins.

have you ever tried holding a measure rule,a crazy flathead doing a halfpike,double sumersault
and a full twist,whilst juggling a camera for a pic.
you guessed it hte cannon was millimetres from in the drink,shit that was close i thinks to myself.
hence the camera went into safe storage for the rest of the day.
did manage another lizard some time later @ 36-38 cm he just did a backflip over the side while trying
to get an accurate measure.that was me for the flatties for the day

did manage a p.b whitng 39-cm,on half a gulp sandworm.

heres a pic i took of nitefr8's kingy
002.JPG
cheers rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cheers Rob

flattyakker
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Sydney South

#21 Post by flattyakker » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:12 pm

Launched in the lower Georges around 6:30am to find Mac05, nitefr8, and Nigel fishing the area. The boys had already picked up a few flat chaps and were using some tried and true lures:) I had a shocker with a total of 11 mini-me flatties, with the best a pigeon pair of 38cm fingerlings, a 60cm ike and a porcupine fish to my credit. Congrats to nitefr8 (Mark) who scored the best flatty in the area and a a double hook up on kingies! Top croc there Stonecold and talk about in the zone with the top 2 anglers scoring memorable bi-catches. Great comp to run and well done to Leper for getting it up and running. I have to get out there to spot and make up for my dismal effort...either that or change my name!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,

Rob

Hobie 2015 Mirage Outback with sunroof[dune]

Jewfish 1.11m & 1.08m, Flathead 97cm &96cm x 2, Bream 43cm, Luderick 36cm, Trevally 45cm, Whiting 43cm, Long Tom 80cm, Kingfish 65cm, calamari 35cm (hood).

nitefr8
KFDU Pro Staff MODERATOR
Local Fishing Region: sydney
Kayaks: 2010 hobie p-a

#22 Post by nitefr8 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:31 pm

hi all
First well done to stoneclod on 2 great fish and to leper for organising the whole event .
We all met at the Kograh bay ramp at 0515 we being saltydude , mac05 pommey nigel ,and myself . The plan was pretty simple give the Kograh Bay flats a work out then drift down with the last of the tide to Captain Cook bridge and give the flats near the sailing club a workout , saltydude was working the deeper water with some blades , but i was trolling a manns strech 5+in a shocking pink on 1 rod and a strikepro deep diver on the 2nd rod the 67 cm model took the pink manns and played up a fair bit in the shallow water mac05 (rob ) came over and scooped her up in his net as she kept sliding out of my silicone , (i think they need to be a bit deeper), i trolled up and down a few times and picked up 6 in all and a nice king that really played up on the light gear , now the fun bit attaching the pics , ive had 3 goes at writing this and every time i go to attach the words go away
670mm.jpg
IT was a great morning on the water with the boys and something i look forward to doing again.
cheers
Mark
nitefr8
pbs flathead-94 bream-42 trevally- 57 kingfish-77 jewfish-79 - whiting 44

dishley

#23 Post by dishley » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Posting a few pics for Ol Salty

A bemused look by me after losing a flattie overboard due to my excellent flathead handling skills (next time i'm ditching the towel and will risk a spike or two)
PB240397.JPG
Jeffs nice 60+ model, if only the wind had stayed down he might have had a chance to land another.
PB240401.JPG

Return to “KFDU Social Fishing Competitions”