Social Bass Challenge II (Results and Trip Reports)

If you like competing in a friendly, low pressure setting then this is a great place to check out our social competitions
silver19
Club Co-ordinator
Local Fishing Region: Sth East Qld/Nth Coast NSW
Kayaks: Hobie Revo 11 + Extreme Fish Bandit + Feelfree X-Press Tourer SIK

Re: Social "Christmas" Bass Challenge Results and Trip Repor

#16 Post by silver19 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:29 am

Estuary Girl wrote:
Feral wrote:I'm surprised anyone on the east coast managed a bass, its tough at the moment. Congratulations to those who did.
Didn't leave any safe options for the local river's that I was game to do! :sad1:
Thank god for CIW...even in atrocious conditions it was the best session I have had there.
Thanks to John(Silver19) for showing me a better launch spot too! :bye:
Congratulations to all who managed to find fish.

Kindest regards.
:smi:
Here is a few photos of Toni hard at it catching Bass for the challenge in a less than perfect situation but conditions that are the norm at the moment.

Thanks for an enjoyable though wet Day Toni.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers John & Dawn Image

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ( Mae West )

Member of the Gold Coast/Northern Rivers Kayak Fishing Club

StevenM
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Anywhere there is water. Any fish in that pothole?

#17 Post by StevenM » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:27 am

That would have been one of the hardest bass hunts that I have ever been on.

With all the rain the rivers and creeks were coffee brown.

Some of the local inhabitants were not real happy, but I was happy to see them like they were.

Saw a few others in the creek and all up would have come across half a dozen of the orange demons.

Was sad to see the tandanus as a floater as well

Went along way up the creek and and it was great to see some of the weed gone.

Anyway it was not all doom and gloom and a few fish did come on board.

There was another 34 but where that pic is at the moment, have no idea. Was a few little takers about which is still a good sign.

Anyway, thats it from me.

My only problem now is do I drive the 500 km fr my next bass hit tomorrow or not. I will keep watching the weather and see what the river and region south is doing. Probable will end up going,have a gander, but then again whats a 1000k's in two days to a keen basser.

Estuary Girl
KFDU Pro Staff MODERATOR
Local Fishing Region: SE QLD,Far North NSW
Kayaks: Stealth Evo 495,Ultra 4.3,Dirigo,Prowler 13 & Scrambler 11.

#18 Post by Estuary Girl » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:21 am

Thanks John for popping up the report and pics.I'll finish my report hopefully tonight now that the Christmas festivities have died down.It was a hard day to be out fishing but am glad I went as I wasn't overly confident leading up to the day with the rain we'd been having. :doubt:
Congratulations to Dishley and the other guys for getting out there and being successful in finding some Bass. :smi:

StevenM wrote:My only problem now is do I drive the 500 km fr my next bass hit tomorrow or not. I will keep watching the weather and see what the river and region south is doing. Probable will end up going,have a gander, but then again whats a 1000k's in two days to a keen basser.
Hope you decided to go and have a gander Steven.Look forward to reading the report tonight.
By the way....1000km's is more than keen. :beat: :bb: :tong:

Cheers.
:smi:
Toni

Club Co-Ordinator

Leper
KFDU Site Manager
Local Fishing Region: SE Queensland
Kayaks: Old Town Vapor 10 Angler, Mantra Noa, Viking Tempo and Eco Daintree

#19 Post by Leper » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Dish I have been given the oppotunity to hand out a "Christmas Gift" to the winner of this Social "Christmas" Bass Challenge. Considering you managed to win the comp., beat your PB by 75mm and managed a 50cm+ full length bass to boot I think you deserve something! So you are now the proud owner of a KFDU fishing shirt! Enjoy! :fg: :fg:
Brad

ImageImage

For other bass fishing adventures check out my blog at http://www.yakbassaustralia.com

Estuary Girl
KFDU Pro Staff MODERATOR

#20 Post by Estuary Girl » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Leper wrote:Dish I have been given the oppotunity to hand out a "Christmas Gift" to the winner of this Social "Christmas" Bass Challenge. Considering you managed to win the comp., beat your PB by 75mm and managed a 50cm+ full length bass to boot I think you deserve something! So you are now the proud owner of a KFDU fishing shirt! Enjoy! :fg: :fg:
Well deserved and congrats Dishley !!!! :bye:
Toni

Club Co-Ordinator

dishley

#21 Post by dishley » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:50 pm

Thanks Brad and KFDU, that's a very generous prize.

Biggles
KFDU Site Manager
Local Fishing Region: SE Queensland
Kayaks: Hobie Quest 11, Hobie Pro Angler 12

#22 Post by Biggles » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:53 pm

dishley wrote:Thanks Brad and KFDU, that's a very generous prize.
Buj will talk to you when he get's back to Sydney Ash, well done fella.

Al

saltydude
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Port Hacking
Kayaks: Hobie PA12, 09 Revo, OldTown-Loon

#23 Post by saltydude » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:31 pm

Well done Dishman that was a stonker of a bass mate
Cheers Saltydude
2012-Pa12 09 Revo OldTown Loon
Yak P.B's:
bream 42cm, whiting 43cm, flathead 80cm, tailor 45cm, kingfish 76cm, trevalley 54cm, amberjack 50cm, snapper 60cm, e/p 40cm, bass 42cm, jewie 1m, salmon 60cm, yellowbelly 57cm

FisherMitch48
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Midnorth Coast Nsw
Kayaks: Perception Tribe 11.5

#24 Post by FisherMitch48 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:13 pm

Yep well done dishman, heres a few more pics of that great fish:
PC160055.JPG
Where Ash hooked his fish:
PC160061.JPG
Being released:
PC160058.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
Mitch

Estuary Girl
KFDU Pro Staff MODERATOR

#25 Post by Estuary Girl » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:00 pm

I approached tuesday(my nominated day) with a stack of trepidation.My head and heart has been on leave from fishing lately I think mainly as I have been tied up renovating and the run down to Christmas.I have decided to force myself away from the house to get back into my fishing again.
With the local river's a mess and definately not planning on fishing any of them while the levels were up or on my own,I decided to head to CIW(Clear Island Water's) and have a fish with John(Silver19).
The weather wasn't looking crash hot down that way but what did I have to lose! :doubt:
We endured rain,rain and more rain.At one stage I think we were flat out seeing too far with how hard it was coming down.I thought to myself I must be nuts!!!! :baf:
Picked a couple of small tacker's to get the monkey off my back then my sounder battery packed it in so I relied on John to give me heads up on depth etc.
Luckily John found what we were looking for on a point and we preceeded to nail one after the other with each pass!!!!
He picked up the fish of the trip which went I think just over 40cm.Nice Bass John!!!
I remember roughly 6 or so fish over 35cm for myself and had a blast up until they shut down.
Also had a Duffrod on board to try and what can I say in that I have fallen in "lurve".Wasn't too sure with the extra length in the rod being that I normally like rods that have short butts.They tend to sit better in the hand.But the balance of the extra length nestled against my inner forearm beautifully coupled with the beautifully moulded reel seat that sat well in my hand.Never once did the extra length feel unusually foreign and in the way.
Think I will have to shout myself a "Valentine's Day" pressie. :snic: :ops:
Now to get some good weather and have a go on the Bream with it!

This was the hottest session I have ever had there and in the most atrocious conditions to boot!!!! :ha:
Thanks again to John for the company,pics and for showing me a top launch spot. :smi:

Cheers.
Toni

Club Co-Ordinator

hillbilly
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: South East Queensland

#26 Post by hillbilly » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:29 am

I,m sitting here at my brother in law's house (Sandy Hook) on the Burnett River which is flooded and I can't get back to Brisbane to post my report with photos. I'll make it short and simple as I'm going mad up here not being able to get home and the river is still rising.

I fished Hinze Dam for the bass challenge. Arriving at the western arm at about 5.00am I used mainly surface lures for an hour or so for no result before switching to my favourite purple deep diver. It managed three bass; at least I was on the board. I caught two more on a new lure on my way back so I was happy with my five bass in four hours on the water. Some pics will follow later.

Regards Bill
"Trust the research and educate rather than dictate."

hillbilly
KFDU 500 Club

#27 Post by hillbilly » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:03 pm

I fished Hinze Dam on Monday 13th from 5.00am to 9.00am. Five fish in four hours.
5 in 4 hours (Medium).JPG
This is the first fish caught (310 mm FL) but the third biggest overall. It gave the best fight but in my excitement to photgraph it quickly, I didn't include the UFN. Luckily the last two fish were slightly bigger.
Bass 1 (Medium).jpg
This lure caught the first three fish.
Lure 1 (Medium).JPG
This slightly larger lure caught the next two.
Lure 2 (Medium).JPG
It was a great day on the water. Thanks Brad for the the incentive to get out.
Hinze 2 (Medium).JPG
Regards Bill
"Trust the research and educate rather than dictate."

Gav
KFDU Angler
Kayaks: Hobie Outback & Old Town Vapor 10

#28 Post by Gav » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:18 am

Congrats on all the bass caught but what I find amazing is the different locations where they were caught. There are some fab photos of million dollar houses, dams and creeks that look like you would love to spend a couple of days just looking around.

Cheers
Gav

silver19
Club Co-ordinator
Local Fishing Region: Sth East Qld/Nth Coast NSW
Kayaks: Hobie Revo 11 + Extreme Fish Bandit + Feelfree X-Press Tourer SIK

#29 Post by silver19 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:06 pm

Gav wrote:Congrats on all the bass caught but what I find amazing is the different locations where they were caught. There are some fab photos of million dollar houses, dams and creeks that look like you would love to spend a couple of days just looking around.

Cheers
Gav I think you hit the nail on the head. We are so lucky and spoiled with the all the different locations, methods and species we have to choose from.

Got to looove Yakking in the Land Down Under :fg:
Cheers John & Dawn Image

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ( Mae West )

Member of the Gold Coast/Northern Rivers Kayak Fishing Club

WayneD
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Any puddle will do
Kayaks: Lots

#30 Post by WayneD » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Good to see lots of people got out for a fish. I missed this one but I'll be back for the next and hopefully getting out on the water a bit more soon....

And Dish that's a sensational creek bass, bet your still smiling.
Mantra Kayaks Pro-Staffer

Adventure Outlet supporter

Kayaks I have owned: Espri x 2, Nemo x 2, Tempo, Profish, Predator, Outback x 5, Revo x 2, Quest, Swing x 2, Adventure, Loon, Superlite x 6, Superlite X, Sprite, Noa x 2, Coosa, Tarpon 120, Acadia 370, Aspire 100, Mana x 2, Bass, Minnow2, Ultimate 12 Propel, Laker 14 x 2, Sierra 10

Return to “KFDU Social Fishing Competitions”