Striking the Mother Load and other ramblings

So who's been offshore recently? How did you go?
JustinD
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: North coast
Kayaks: Stealth Profisha 525

Re: Striking the Mother Load and other ramblings

#16 Post by JustinD » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:01 am

What a great achievement Grant :grin: Mate you have that yak rigged like a pro, whats in that white box on the right-hand side? have you done a post going through your mods you have done? I'm sure a few people would be very interested

Cheers
Justin

grant ashwell
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Mid North Coast

#17 Post by grant ashwell » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:47 am

The white box is a plastic cover that wraps over the sounder. This keeps the water and sunlight off the screen. On the back of the sounder there is also a alloy shield to keep the water off the connections. Both home made. I haven't done an article on my mods. All the offshore fishers I know have their own ideas and mine have just evolved over the 6 Revolutions that I have owned. Regards, Grant

Jamie D
2015 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales
Kayaks: Vortex VTX 560

#18 Post by Jamie D » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:41 pm

The purity of this sport and the satisfaction it brings would still be a buzz 150 fish in , it never has and never will get old . I’ll look for you all on the blue ......

Freewily
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Illawarra
Kayaks: Australis Bass, Dagger Drifter, Hobie Revolution

#19 Post by Freewily » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:14 am

Whoa! :lek: :lek: :lek:
Well done Grant! Great to see your persistance & passion has paid off.
And great to see that you have still got that drive that most youngsters have. Mine has dropped away somewhat at my age of 58. I had basically given up since I sold my boat & all the deep sea gear that goes with it. But still like to get out there every now & then. And still have a heavy rod just in case. But I reckon it will fall apart if I ever hook one. I bought it from ebay. :lol:
Anyway. Good on you for persevering even with back pain. :grin:
Love the pics too. :grin:
YAK P.B. Salmon 60cm, Flathead 60cm, Trevally 42cm, Carp 38cm, Bream 40cm, Luderick 42cm, Tarwhine 30cm,
Blue Morwong 48cm, Mullet 38cm, Bass 39cm, Garfish 34cm, Leatherjacket 27cm, Flounder 28cm, Snapper 50cm, Bonito 60cm, Whiting 38cm, Tailor 52cm, LongTom 66cm.

If this was my job I'd Love It!!

Return to “OffShore Reports”