Tingalpa Creek on Sun 24th June

Been fishing the estuaries? Let us know how you went.
Kareless1
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: South Queensland Northern NSW
Kayaks: Pedalcraft 10 ft

Tingalpa Creek on Sun 24th June

#1 Post by Kareless1 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:54 pm

I went out for my first salt water outting since March and met with some interesting events. Tried my new Crackajack lure and think I had a strike but not sure as just after it became snagged on baby mangrove sprouts. I paddled in to get it back and discovered that owner hooks are VERY sharp. One of the trebles became imbedded in my favourite 1 finger salute digits. After trying to gently remove I bit the bullet and grabbed my hook removing pliers and gave it a quick pull and it came out, with just a tiny amount of skin attached to the barb. It didn't hurt as much as pinching my hand on my seat back earlier.
I had a fair bit of fun and did manage to catch 2 whiting which were probably undersized. Took photos and when my daughter has time to teach me how to size them right I'll put them on. Les :?:
Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you!
Best fish; Aust Bass 51cm, Bream 30cm, Barra 65cm, Flathead 49cm, Whiting 27cm, Trevally 35cm

Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

Re: Tingalpa Creek on Sun 24th June

#2 Post by Dodge » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:20 pm

Another example of reason for barb crushing Les. Hope you had a medicinal beer later for stress mate

I've gone nowhere just staying warm waiting for wind to abate.
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow .... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue

Return to “Estuary Reports”