This is the main discussion forum.
nigel
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: sydney & surrounding areas
Kayaks: dag midway,DD3 max ski,stellar S18S ski ozflyte ski cheeps plastic

KayakLog App

#1 Post by nigel » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:47 am

php7zgq4MPM.jpg
A great new app "KayakLog" can be downloaded to a smart phone FREE gives good info like my last trip by the way I was dragging an HB along but no takers

Pommy Nigel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage

Plakkyboat
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Burnett Coastal & Rivers
Kayaks: Wedded to "Glass" + a bit of "Plastic" on the side

Re: KayakLog App

#2 Post by Plakkyboat » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:11 pm

Hey Nigel,

Thanks for letting us know about that particular app.
I like the idea of having a log record within the app.

It seems to have all the 'bells and whistles but I just read the details on the app website and it appears that this app is only free to use 5 times to test it out.
After that you can have to pay $1.83/month if you purchase a 12-month subscription (for $21.99) or $2.33/month if you purchase a 6-month subscription ($13.99).

Here's where the app you mentioned can be downloaded:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lha2xvZyJd

Otherwise there are plenty of other "free" apps without the "usage" limit and also without the word "kayak" attached.
Please note that a lot of them do use ads to support them being free. If that's a problem then you just need to test them out to discover which apps use less ads than others.
I'm sure there are others on this forum who can recommend the better 'freebys' available or perhaps the ones worth buying outright.

None the less, a lot of them have the usual features such as:

-Speed in MPH or KPH
-Top Speed
-Average Speed
-Trip (distance travelled)
-Course Direction
-Elevation in Feet or Meters
-Accuracy indicator

Here's one example:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ometerFree

Here's one I use on my android phone. It serves my needs adequately. There's no log record feature but I can upload/share my records on the web if desired (screen pic below):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... peedometer
GPS Speedometer app.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers -- Paul
My first true love was the Sea. After threescore spins around the Sun...she's still there...as my mistress — Plakkyboat Image

nigel
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: sydney & surrounding areas
Kayaks: dag midway,DD3 max ski,stellar S18S ski ozflyte ski cheeps plastic

#3 Post by nigel » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:37 am

thanks paul did not look at conditions
ImageImage

Barrabundy
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: QLD

#4 Post by Barrabundy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:38 pm

I've recently started using a paid app called MotionX-GPS. Don'te remember the price, <$20 off memory. I've used it mainly for off-roading to date so not sure on what the marine maps it offers are like. I like the features, takes a little while to get used to but track logging is pizz easy and will run in the background while doing other stuff. Sucks battery life I'm told but I've always had it plugged into power in the ute when using it.

Cool thing about it is I can send the logged trips via email. I send them to myself, can also just download them using itunes (I'll go android next time around) but means finding a cord and being near a pc.

About to head out on my first kayak fishing session since I've started using this app so might be lucky enough to post some fishy pics later on.

Return to “Main”