This is the main discussion forum.
Ftp
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Fig tree pocket
Kayaks: Viking Profish 400, Viking Espri, Perception Sound 9.5

learn how to stand on a kayak!!

#1 Post by Ftp » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:07 pm

G'day all,

Come along and stand up in a Viking kayak and see how good your balance is!

Sunday 20/3/2016 at 10:00am we are running a demo day for That Fishing Shop and Viking Kayaks and will have quite a few models available to try out. Starting out from Lagoons (little 2.6m kayaks that are perfect for kids) through Espris (3.6m all rounder that is my personal go-to kayak for ease of use) and up to the flagship Profish range which encompasses the hugely popular GT (our biggest seller), the 400 (perfect mix of speed, stability and versatility) and the open water Reload and 45.

Details for the event are on our facebook page but in the event that you don't use fb... 10:00am-2:00pm 20/3/2016 at the Jindalee boat ramp at 99 Mt Ommaney drive, Jindalee 4074.

thanks,

Richard

tommo1
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Coffs harbour

Re: learn how to stand on a kayak!!

#2 Post by tommo1 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:23 pm

Pretty easy to be honest
viking stand.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ftp
KFDU 500 Club

#3 Post by Ftp » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:29 pm

tommo1 wrote:Pretty easy to be honest
viking stand.jpg
nice!!!

ScuLL&fIsHbOnEs
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Midcoast NSW
Kayaks: Hobie Outback

#4 Post by ScuLL&fIsHbOnEs » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:57 pm

Ftp wrote:G'day all,

Sunday 20/3/2016 at 10:00am we are running a demo day for That Fishing Shop and Viking Kayaks and will have quite a few models available to try out. Starting out from Lagoons (little 2.6m kayaks that are perfect for kids) through Espris (3.6m all rounder that is my personal go-to kayak for ease of use) and up to the flagship Profish range which encompasses the hugely popular GT (our biggest seller), the 400 (perfect mix of speed, stability and versatility) and the open water Reload and 45.

Details for the event are on our facebook page but in the event that you don't use fb... 10:00am-2:00pm 20/3/2016 at the Jindalee boat ramp at 99 Mt Ommaney drive, Jindalee 4074.

thanks,

Richard
Richard

I like the Vikings very much and think the Reload is a fantastic concept
One question I always wanted to ask:
Has Viking ever considered developing a kayak with a centre hatch like the Stealth's for offshore fishing
I like the shape and design of the Viking Reload Deluxe very much, but would love to see a model with a centre hatch arrangement for holding and protecting 6-7 ft fishing rods when going through the surf zones.

BONES

Ftp
KFDU 500 Club

#5 Post by Ftp » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:06 pm

ScuLL&fIsHbOnEs wrote:

thanks,

Richard
Richard

Has Viking ever considered developing a kayak with a centre hatch like the Stealth's for offshore fishing
I like the shape and design of the Viking Reload Deluxe very much, but would love to see a model with a centre hatch arrangement for holding and protecting 6-7 ft fishing rods when going through the surf zones.

BONES

Bones.. we have been asking Viking for the exact same thing!! the Profish 440 (NZ equivalent of the 45) has a hatch that allows the middle well to be used to store rods through the front of the hull. If Viking could get that happening on the reload it would be a fantastic improvement

ScuLL&fIsHbOnEs
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Midcoast NSW
Kayaks: Hobie Outback

#6 Post by ScuLL&fIsHbOnEs » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:22 pm

Ftp wrote:
ScuLL&fIsHbOnEs wrote:

thanks,

Richard
Richard

BONES

Bones.. we have been asking Viking for the exact same thing!! the Profish 440 (NZ equivalent of the 45) has a hatch that allows the middle well to be used to store rods through the front of the hull. If Viking could get that happening on the reload it would be a fantastic improvement
FTP

I did not know the 440 existed, have I been missing something or not looking hard enough. Strange Viking do not offer this model in Australia, I guess they have their reasons..... I think the NZ 440 is awsome, and think it would sell in Australia. FTP thanks foe replying I looked up the viking NZ website and had a look at the 440, I watched the video 3 times and really like the layout.

Big Boots
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Bath tub
Kayaks: Viking profish reload and profish gt

#7 Post by Big Boots » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:37 am

The 440 and 45 are basically the same thing, just a different series. I'm sure if you asked nicely they'd put a 440 in the next container. Viking are pretty accommodating fir their customers.

ShortyK
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Anywhere from Sunshine to the Gold Coast and Brisbane
Kayaks: Not enough.....

#8 Post by ShortyK » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:51 pm

tommo1 wrote:Pretty easy to be honest
viking stand.jpg

Sweet photo
PB's from Yak:
Flathead 59cm, Bream 35cm,
Tailor 25cm, Moses Perch 28cm,
Wild Bass 40cm, Travelly 27cm,
Whiting 33cm, Eaustry Cod 28cm,
Snapper 51cm, Impoundment Bass 40cm
Reef shark about 2m, Spangeld Emperor 28cm
Longtail Tuna 118cm, Spanish Mackerel 117cm
Wild Yellow belly 37cm.

There is nothing more relaxing than a day on the water in a Kayak.

Plakkyboat
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Burnett Coastal & Rivers
Kayaks: Wedded to "Glass" + a bit of "Plastic" on the side

#9 Post by Plakkyboat » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:20 pm

Viking is not the only kayak/ski that you can stand up in (during ideal contitions)

At the moment brands like Stealth and Kaskazi seem to have market domination in regards to being able to easily carry a 7 ft rod and/or several long pelacics or simply lot of "stuff" inside the hull via a centre hatch. If plakky yaks could do something similar without needing to create as separate inner compartment like the glass skis do, that would be a bonus.
TrueRec Kayak.jpg
D2 Stand Up Test.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers -- Paul
My first true love was the Sea. After threescore spins around the Sun...she's still there...as my mistress — Plakkyboat Image

Ftp
KFDU 500 Club

#10 Post by Ftp » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:12 pm

[quote="Plakkyboat"]Viking is not the only kayak/ski that you can stand up in (during ideal contitions)

that my be true but Viking Kayaks are available to try out on Sunday the 20th of March in Brisbane.

Plakkyboat
KFDU 500 Club

#11 Post by Plakkyboat » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:10 pm

This is starting to sound like and informercial instead of a discussion. :roll: :?: :wink: :lol:

Perhaps this post belongs here:
viewforum.php?f=26
Cheers -- Paul
My first true love was the Sea. After threescore spins around the Sun...she's still there...as my mistress — Plakkyboat Image

Ftp
KFDU 500 Club

#12 Post by Ftp » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:06 am

Plakkyboat wrote:This is starting to sound like and informercial instead of a discussion. :roll: :?: :wink: :lol:

viewforum.php?f=26
Maybe, maybe not.. What are you trying to sell? TFP or Kaskazi??

Hulla
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Logan Bayside
Kayaks: OK Ultra 4.7 Stealth supalight

#13 Post by Hulla » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:18 am

Why does the OP seem to be getting a negative time of it, I don't know him but from his that posts I have seen he doesn't drum Viking kayaks into every thing he can. He stated the commercial interests in the original post and that's it.
When you look at the majority of organised events on here there will be sponsors behind them. That's life and it makes things happen.

Dean

PS
(Sorry if i have misunderstood the interactions I have read)

Nativeman
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: the planet

#14 Post by Nativeman » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:47 am

I'm going pop on down. I already have a Viking Profish but would love to try the other kayaks in their range. Opportunities like this don't come along too often where manufacturers or kayak retailers offer a range of kayaks to try before you consider buying one so I say if you are thinking of buying any kayak here's a chance to try before you buy.

Also I'd like to lean how to stand in my Viking Kayak or in any other kayak.
Sel

Plakkyboat
KFDU 500 Club

#15 Post by Plakkyboat » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Ftp wrote:
Plakkyboat wrote:This is starting to sound like and informercial instead of a discussion. :roll: :?: :wink: :lol:

viewforum.php?f=26
Maybe, maybe not.. What are you trying to sell? TFP or Kaskazi??
Neither. Unlike you Ftp, I'm not attempting to promote a business here, albeit inappropriately positioned.
A pointless over-reaction is not what I expected from you and it was not my intentions to upset you.

I apologise for making comments that caused you to have a negative and unprofessional reaction.

I hope you do well in your business.

However due to your sarcastic retort (warranted or not) I also regret participating in one of your posts and promise to avoid doing so in the future.
Cheers -- Paul

Return to “Main”