any regrets?

This is the main discussion forum.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
AshG
KFDU Angler
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:52 am
Local Fishing Region: SEQ
Kayaks: 3m Dream Kayak Werewolf, 5.1m Ocean Kayak

any regrets?

#1 Post by AshG » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:52 pm

Has anyone gone from a plastic kayak to the equivalent sized glass kayak and regretted it?

Jamie D
2015 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Posts: 5834
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:35 pm
Local Fishing Region: South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales
Kayaks: Vortex VTX 560

Re: any regrets?

#2 Post by Jamie D » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Never . Not even for one moment . Only one regret is I didn’t didn’t do it sooner

User avatar
Hulla
KFDU Angler
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:56 pm
Local Fishing Region: Logan Bayside
Kayaks: OK Ultra 4.7 Stealth supalight

Re: any regrets?

#3 Post by Hulla » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:28 pm

Keep your plastic and get some glass if money and storage space will allow. I prefer my Prowler for in the Bay with multiple rods set up and fishing, anchor down and feet up. But the Stealth is the dogs b---ocks offshore.

User avatar
XDCammer
KFDU 1000 Club
Posts: 1486
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:08 am
Local Fishing Region: Southern NSW
Kayaks: Adventure Island and Stealth Profisha 525
Location: NSW

Re: any regrets?

#4 Post by XDCammer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:46 am

I have both. Each one is for a different task.
I love my profisha, wouldn't have anything else.
Time spent on reconnaissance is time never wasted.

User avatar
FishnDive
KFDU Angler
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:47 pm
Local Fishing Region: Port Philip Bay, Western Port, Vic
Kayaks: Stealth Fisha 460 Toura 17 Pinnacle Elite
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Contact:

Re: any regrets?

#5 Post by FishnDive » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:11 am

As others have said, the ideal is to have both. A few years back I had my first Stealth and an Outback but when we moved to an apartment and one had to go, the Outback was the one that went.
If you are not in a position to have both, decide on the fishing you see yourself doing 90% of the time and get a boat to match that, you can live with it for the other 10%.
Victorian dealer for Stealth Performance Products & Lockrack

User avatar
laneends
KFDU 500 Club
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:35 pm
Local Fishing Region: Victoria
Kayaks: Hobies Ivory Revo 16, Ivory quest 11, Red quest 13

Re: any regrets?

#6 Post by laneends » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:58 pm

AshG wrote:Has anyone gone from a plastic kayak to the equivalent sized glass kayak and regretted it?
Not many equivalent sized kayaks

User avatar
yaqdoq
2012 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Posts: 2582
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:14 am
Local Fishing Region: East of Oz
Kayaks: 495 Evo
Location: Coffs Harbour

Re: any regrets?

#7 Post by yaqdoq » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:19 am

Prowler to Stealth aprox 7 years ago . Zero regrets but then I do offshore only .
Just as a footnote my current stealth is aprox 6 years old and still going strong.

User avatar
nigel
KFDU 2000 Club
Posts: 2692
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:24 pm
Local Fishing Region: sydney & surrounding areas
Kayaks: dag midway,DD3 max ski,stellar S18S ski ozflyte ski cheeps plastic
Location: north sydney

Re: any regrets?

#8 Post by nigel » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:24 am

Over the years gone from small plastics to glass (1 dorrado 5 stealths and couple of surf ski,s) back to plastics loved the glass fishing ski,s in my younger days where I often did long wide trecks with the faster yaks and better secondary they inspired confidence I’ve moved back to lighter plastics now cus putting it simply I’m getting older less able was finding the glass a struggle to get on off the water without damaging it and realistically as I’m now not regularly doing 30k+ paddles the plastics (1 tourer 1 fishing ski 1 surf ski) not barges do the lesser job without the extra effort.

Nigel
ImageImage

Post Reply

Return to “Main”