Pedalfish 10 Fit Out

Show everyone your rigged kayak or look for ideas here.
Mr Bean
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Yamba
Kayaks: Pedalfish 10

Pedalfish 10 Fit Out

#1 Post by Mr Bean » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:41 pm

Finally got my Pedalfish 10. First ever Yak. What can I say, I'm hooked. This is an amazing and exceptionally versatile craft. Can't believe how quickly and effortlessly it moves through the water, even against a strong current. For those who are interested you can see my fit out video here: http://youtu.be/xh3XDRucvOI

Jamie D
2015 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales
Kayaks: Vortex VTX 560

Re: Pedalfish 10 Fit Out

#2 Post by Jamie D » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:50 pm

An extremely well thought out fit out and great presentation manner in the video . Well done !!

Bricks
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Adelaide

#3 Post by Bricks » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:54 am

how much did those mics cost?
As much as you got paid for the video?

Plasman
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast
Kayaks: Hobie PA 12 & Pedalfish 10

#4 Post by Plasman » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:34 am

Bricks wrote:how much did those mics cost?
Bricks, why so negative?
Just flicked through your posts and your contributions to the site really give you no credibility, just make you look like a flog?
Or maybe the way you portray yourself,I hope, isn't really who you really are?

Great step out MrBean and well thought out.
Have you looked at the Hobie through wire kits? Personally think they are a far better option than using all clear as the system is fully adjustable and removable. Storage box idea is great, I'll be interested to see how long you wiring holds up but again, great concept, very functional.
What smartphone or case are you using?
The only negative I have is the elevator music playing in the vid :lol:
Last edited by Plasman on Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

http://www.prolureaustralia.com.au/
Member of the Gold Coast/Northern Rivers Kayak Fishing Club

Mr Bean
KFDU Angler

#5 Post by Mr Bean » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:19 pm

Plasman wrote:
Why so negative?
Just flicked through your posts and your contributions to the site really give you no credibility, just make you look like a flog?
Or maybe the way you portray yourself,I hope, isn't really who you really are?

Great step out MrBean and well thought out.
Have you looked at the Hobie through wire kits? Personally think they are a far better option than using all clear as the system is fully adjustable and removable. Storage box idea is great, I'll be interested to see how long you wiring holds up but again, great concept, very functional.
What smartphone or case are you using?
The only negative I have is the elevator music playing in the vid :lol:
Hi Plasman, firstly sorry about the elevator music, you either love it or hate it.....lol. :grr: Thought the sound of only my own voice droning on was a bit boring. I also owe you a debt of thanks. Your own posts contributed to me deciding on the P10 and your photo's gave me some great ideas. Being totally new to the forum and to Kayaking I learnt so much from what others have contributed here and elsewhere and hoped my video where I've pooled much of what I learnt into one place may help others in turn down the line. I stumbled across the Hobie cable through hull kit only last night so definitely plan to get one, a much neater way of doing it. As I've used 240 wiring (copper) throughout I hope it will go the distance, time will tell and as I've indicated I'm still on a huge learning curve. The whole thing was filmed on my Galaxy Note 4. The phone in the Yak on the video is my wife's iPhone which I put in the cradle of "artistic purposes only".....lol. I do have a floating waterproof pouch for my own when on the water.

Thanks for the encouragement and ideas Plasman, I look forward to continuing to read your own great and very informative contributions! :grin:
Last edited by Mr Bean on Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mr Bean
KFDU Angler

#6 Post by Mr Bean » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Not sure what you mean by "mics" unless you're referring to the pool noodle float set-up on my anchor. All filmed & recorded on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I was not paid for the video. Just my way of saying thanks for all I've learned from the contributions of others. Many of their excellent Ideas appear on my vid.
Last edited by Mr Bean on Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jigglin
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Sydney
Kayaks: NW Slayer Propel 13 & 10

#7 Post by Jigglin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:21 pm

Very nice video there. I would keep an eye on the high density foam you used for the transducer, as it is not waterproof and will rot if any water gets in and it soaks it up. Clark rubber actually make a water proof foam, which is roughly the same density of the stuff you purchased. For a transducer sized piece it is about $5-10 dollars.

Plasman
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast
Kayaks: Hobie PA 12 & Pedalfish 10

#8 Post by Plasman » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:40 pm

What I like most about what you've done here Mr Bean is that the work you've done is transferable to just about any yak. Like most of us, we share these ideas for others to consider rather than telling them how it should be done. Jigglin's comment about the foam is a great watchout for us all as I had no idea although I use one of those adjustable back floats for learning to swim which comes with a click together strap that can be used as a tie down for your gear.
Thanks again for sharing.
Image Image

http://www.prolureaustralia.com.au/
Member of the Gold Coast/Northern Rivers Kayak Fishing Club

Mr Bean
KFDU Angler

#9 Post by Mr Bean » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:39 pm

Jigglin wrote:Very nice video there. I would keep an eye on the high density foam you used for the transducer, as it is not waterproof and will rot if any water gets in and it soaks it up. Clark rubber actually make a water proof foam, which is roughly the same density of the stuff you purchased. For a transducer sized piece it is about $5-10 dollars.
Thanks for the heads up jigglin, I'll keep an eye on it. Will grab some of the Clarke Rubber product next time I'm up in Brizzie.

mfj
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: central west

#10 Post by mfj » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:07 pm

G'day Mr bean
Thanks for the vid , I'm pretty much sold on buying a pedal fish , just deciding between a 10 or 13 ,
Will be looking at your video again when I fit my new yak out.
cheers Marty

craigtempo
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Newcastle
Kayaks: native watercraft 12.5 mariner...and a ebay special

#11 Post by craigtempo » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:55 am

Mate u probably should change ur name to Wally :lol:

Good video thanks
Bream ... 410mm- salmon..760mm - flathead ..850mm - whiting ... 320mm - jewie ..8.3kg s shark.. aghhh run away -tailor..1000mm - yellowtail ... 270mm

Welcome to the party that never ends .

Plakkyboat
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Burnett Coastal & Rivers
Kayaks: Wedded to "Glass" + a bit of "Plastic" on the side

#12 Post by Plakkyboat » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi Mr B.

Your video was excellent.

Pedal is a great concept but not necessarily 'better' than paddling.
It's a personal choice and undoubtedly has merit with certain craft designs and in certain conditions.
Having said that I would gladly get a Pedalfish or a pedal Hobie tomorrow if my budget/wife (same thing) and already crowded shed allowed it. :lol:

If as you mentioned, pedal is better than paddle then perhaps sail is better than Pedal..... :wink:
Sail is my next (fun) move (next week if fact).....

I used a piece of 90mm stormwater pipe to set my transducer inside my fibreglass hull.
As long as the surface of your plastic hull has been scuffed up around the outside of the pipe where it meets the hull, you should get a strong enough connection with a glue type of silicone.
Then you just silicone fill the piece of pipe for the transducer to set in.
That way you have no worries about any perforation problems with foam.

Looking forward to seeing some of your 'on the water fishing action' videos soon.
Cheers -- Paul
My first true love was the Sea. After threescore spins around the Sun...she's still there...as my mistress — Plakkyboat Image

Mr Bean
KFDU Angler

#13 Post by Mr Bean » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:23 pm

Thanks Plakkyboat. All you arguments are quite valid, I must confess to bias due to not being fit enough to paddle and not smart enough to know how to sail :lol:

I do very much like your concept for mounting the transducer and might give it a shot on my next attempt.

Thanks for sharing.
Plakkyboat wrote:Hi Mr B.

Your video was excellent.

Pedal is a great concept but not necessarily 'better' than paddling.
It's a personal choice and undoubtedly has merit with certain craft designs and in certain conditions.
Having said that I would gladly get a Pedalfish or a pedal Hobie tomorrow if my budget/wife (same thing) and already crowded shed allowed it. :lol:

If as you mentioned, pedal is better than paddle then perhaps sail is better than Pedal..... :wink:
Sail is my next (fun) move (next week if fact).....

I used a piece of 90mm stormwater pipe to set my transducer inside my fibreglass hull.
As long as the surface of your plastic hull has been scuffed up around the outside of the pipe where it meets the hull, you should get a strong enough connection with a glue type of silicone.
Then you just silicone fill the piece of pipe for the transducer to set in.
That way you have no worries about any perforation problems with foam.

Looking forward to seeing some of your 'on the water fishing action' videos soon.

pavo
KFDU 3000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Coffs coast
Kayaks: Stealth Fisfa 500. Hobie PA 14 ,Oldtown loon 111 in cammo

#14 Post by pavo » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Man you should be there designer.
Loved the background music :lol:

Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

#15 Post by Dodge » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:32 am

Mr Bean wrote: and not smart enough to know how to sail

Mr Bean if the wind is from somewhere behind you no fancy rig is needed, only a golf umbrella which also will give you shelter while pedalling in rain .... the picture is yorkie2 and his outback under mary poppins power.
IMG_2042.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow .... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue

Return to “Rigged Kayaks”