Login test with Chrome - pics & text

An area reserved for test posts to check signatures, avatars, attachments, etc.
arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

Login test with Chrome - pics & text

#1 Post by arpie » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi guys

I've uploaded Chrome for Mac and am trialling it here with some random pics and text, to see how it all goes!!

Fingers crossed I don't get logged out this time!!

Hopefully land some more of these this year! (All from the one spot! :wink: )
20180824_112351.jpg
P8240004.jpg
P8240015.jpg
P8240021.jpg
P8240017.jpg
Here we go ..... press enter & see if it all disappears!!

cheers

Roberta
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

Re: Login test with Chrome - pics & text

#2 Post by Dodge » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:31 pm

Roberta, I can choose Chrome, or Firefox on my laptop, with no issues on either one.

Also have Edge installed but never use it.

And if using the smartphone [on rare looks at forum] use Opera Mini which is also trouble free.
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow .... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue

Nativeman
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: the planet

#3 Post by Nativeman » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:32 pm

Maybe its an Apple problem... I have never owned an apple product for browsing the internet so maybe the Apple platform holds the key to the issues that are being encountered.
Sel

WayneD
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Any puddle will do
Kayaks: Lots

#4 Post by WayneD » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:37 am

Not an Apple problem Sel. I only peruse the website on work time :grin: and we don't use Apple.

So I've managed to post alright using chrome as suggested by Roberta. Fingers crossed.
Mantra Kayaks Pro-Staffer

Adventure Outlet supporter

Kayaks I have owned: Espri x 2, Nemo x 2, Tempo, Profish, Predator, Outback x 5, Revo x 2, Quest, Swing x 2, Adventure, Loon, Superlite x 6, Superlite X, Sprite, Noa x 2, Coosa, Tarpon 120, Acadia 370, Aspire 100, Mana x 2, Bass, Minnow2, Ultimate 12 Propel, Laker 14 x 2, Sierra 10

arpie

#5 Post by arpie » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:34 pm

Good on you Wayne - it is a means to an end!! I will only use Chrome for KFDU, as I prefer Safari for everything else!

Sel - even Adam (Ads22) signing in under MY NAME on HIS computer was continuously logged out unless he was using Chrome - and his is a WIndow's Computer. So somehow, with the Oct upgrade, it has corrupted all but a few browsers.

I was logged out of Chrome for the first time this evening, for no reason! I hope it doesn't become a regular event!

Dodge - I used to be able to use Firefox but have an issue with upgrading my system software & 'my version' of Firefox was out of date & currently unable to up date it (unless I buy a new Laptop!) It is on the cards tho, as this one is 9 years old now & doesn't owe me anything! :wink:

RP

Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

#6 Post by Dodge » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:19 pm

arpie wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:34 pm
(unless I buy a new Laptop!) It is on the cards tho, as this one is 9 years old now & doesn't owe me anything! :wink:
At 9 years it has done a lot of work and perhaps is a major contributing factor in your login problems.

I also have a laptop about 2 years old, but after buying my wife a $100 tablet [new] on ebay a couple of months ago, it is my planned way to go when the time comes after seeing what the tablet can do.

And at that price just dump and replace with another at tablet at 18 months of use if a problem occurs, and have late model software all the time.
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow .... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue

arpie

#7 Post by arpie » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:55 am

....I also have a laptop about 2 years old, but after buying my wife a $100 tablet [new] on ebay a couple of months ago, it is my planned way to go when the time comes after seeing what the tablet can do....

Yep - tablets are SO easy!! Both Keith & I have iPads as well & we use them when we travel (and at home! :wink: ) but I prefer the bigger screen for doing my Uke Stuff & reports etc .... so will always have a bigger one on hand (plus I prefer a keypad that doesn't have to be charged up all the time!) Keith, at 82 and now diagnosed with dementia can still use his iPad quite nicely - I got it for him back in 2011 and we both upgraded to a new one about 18 months ago.

there is one MASSIVE iPad that would be wonderful - but it is quite exxy - over $1000 ..... but it is on my wish list for my uke songs, so I don't have to drag 5 songbooks around all the time! Just the iPad!

The rest of the laptop works just fine!! No need to put it out in the paddock yet, until it dies!!

cheers

Roberta

Return to “Test”