Wallis Lake fishing .... bream flatties whiting

Been fishing the estuaries? Let us know how you went.
arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

Wallis Lake fishing .... bream flatties whiting

#1 Post by arpie » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi guys

Sadly, I am still not able to stay logged on here & have lost reports & pics when logged out when 'posting' grrrr .... I just hope this can be fixed, (as well as the search function that has also gone AWOL with the upgrade.)

It's taken 3 goes to get this far! :grr:

The bream are a it hit & miss in the lake just now ... not sure if it is the kingies chasing everything, or the fact that a lot of the oyster growers are changing to plastic cages rather than racks & trays ..... but a marked lack of fish in my 'usuals spots'! :?: Still fun getting out & trying to find them tho (so long as it isn't too windy!) The wind comes up most afternoons & some days, from start to finish! :beye: Today it is howling!

So .... some fish over the last few weeks .... lots of flatties around ..... taking P21 Greedyguts and Crackjack diving lures .... also getting some on Damiki DTSCO lures .... they cast like bullets & fish just love them! Flatties tend to take them down sometimes as they are a shorter lure - but VERY effective - on bream too!

I dropped a bit Giant Herring last week - it was close to a Metre - I thought I'd hit the record button, but it didn't start, so missed out on all the ballistic jumping around in the air! :cry:

Big whiting have been taking topwater lures - some real elbow slappers there!! Rory222 is in town just now, so looking forward to getting out with here next week, if the weather behaves!!
I've had BIG kingies swimming around my kayak - their colour in the water is just 'electric'! SO bright!! I've added a couple of big poppers & a jig to my arsenal, to throw at them if I can find them away from structure! :wink: They really are majestic creatures. On most 'in tides' you now see 3-4 boats just drifting the breakwall, trying to hook up!!

Hopefully I will be able to put up some pics soon! :grr:

cheers

Roberta
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

Kareless1
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: South Queensland Northern NSW
Kayaks: Pedalcraft 10 ft

Re: Wallis Lake fishing .... bream flatties whiting

#2 Post by Kareless1 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:01 pm

Those are some serious fish! Hope you get a nice big Kingie. Les :lol:
Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you!
Best fish; Aust Bass 51cm, Bream 30cm, Barra 65cm, Flathead 49cm, Whiting 27cm, Trevally 35cm

flattyakker
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Sydney South

#3 Post by flattyakker » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:03 pm

Lovely work as usual Arpie, I'm back at work and jealous but looking forward to my next outing. Just paired my new stradic with a nice inshore shimano barra rod ready for the next jewy that comes along:) Got it a good price from a tackle shop selling up. I'm looking forward to your first jewy on a yak on a GG! :wink:
Cheers,

Rob

Hobie 2015 Mirage Outback with sunroof[dune]

Jewfish 1.11m & 1.08m, Flathead 97cm &96cm x 2, Bream 43cm, Luderick 36cm, Trevally 45cm, Whiting 43cm, Long Tom 80cm, Kingfish 65cm, calamari 35cm (hood).

Salty Dog
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Berowra

#4 Post by Salty Dog » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:28 am

That's the way Arpie. Looking forward to your kingy on bream gear post.
Regards, Adam.

Stealth Fisha 550

Rory222
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Riverina & Wallis Lake
Kayaks: Hobie Sport (Blue), Hobie PA14 (Dune)

#5 Post by Rory222 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:54 pm

Yes I too am looking forward to that kingy post :wink:

Go get em Arpie... :lol:
Yak PB's
Murray Cod - 64cm
Yellowbelly - 47cm
Flathead - 91cm
Bream - 43cm
Whiting - 38cm
Tailor - 45cm
Trevally - 43cm
Redfin - 25cm
Blackfish - 34cm
Tarwhine - 36cm
Carp - 74cm
River Blackfish - 15cm

Ads22
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Rockhampton/Capricornia
Kayaks: Extreme Kayaks Fish Bandit; Viking Profish Reload

#6 Post by Ads22 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:16 pm

Quality pictures as usual arpie! Was hoping to swing by Forster in January, but we're taking a different route this time and a chance to experience some other towns.

Would love to see footage of you hauling in a Kingy in the Sport! Make sure you hit record next time! :lol: :lol:
Yak PBs
Estuary Cod 50cm; Mangrove Jack 49cm; Barra 108cm; Flathead - dusky 62cm; Flathead - bartail 51cm; Flounder 28cm; Forktail Catfish 60cm; Bream 32cm, Sand whiting 30cm; Striped Butterfish/Scat 20cm; Barred Javelin 47cm; Bull Shark 80cm; Queenfish 103cm; Tarpon 60cm; Golden Perch 47cm; Estuary Perch 33cm; Saratoga 72cm; Leathery Grunter 43cm.

Return to “Estuary Reports”