Cod classic 2018

Been freshwater fishing lately? Post your trip here.
Fletch
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Illawarra
Kayaks: Hobie Revo and Viking Nemo

Cod classic 2018

#1 Post by Fletch » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:36 pm

As usual the event was fantastic. A credit to Tony and the team that can put together such a well run event for more than 2300 entrants.
I met Michael, Bill and later Pat on the Friday afternoon. The forecast being good (though warm at 34 deg) for Saturday the feeling was good and expectations high.
Hitting the water at 6.30am we took off in different directions. The cod were there but finding a legal one was the issue. A long day on the water finally saw my seventh cod being the first to meet the minimum size of 55cm being 59.5cm. This fish came on the 11th hour on the water and was time to head in for a well earned ale.
Sunday the weather didn't allow us to get on the water so we fished the bank and managed the odd carp.
In the kayak section of the comp the winning fish and the second were caught by the same guy with a 90 & 83.5cm cod and third was a 65cm cod. Largest overall for the open section was 117cm. There are some big fish in that water.
As usual the company was great and the atmosphere around the comp grounds and on the water was fantastic.
Looking forward to next year already. I would recommend this event to anyone and it is worth the 6 plus hour drive.
I will see If I can get a few photos in the coming days.
Fletch
Yak PB's, Dusky Flathead 95cm, Sand Flathead 51cm, Snapper 57cm, Yellowbelly 59cm, Murray Cod 75cm,Whiting 37cm, Australian Salmon 58.5cm, Redfin 41.2cm, Bonito 58cm, Tailor 38cm, Bass 30cm and one monster squid 107.5cm overall..... Watch ths space.

Member of the South Coast Kayak Fisho's and Wollongong Sportfishing Club.

Fletch
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Illawarra
Kayaks: Hobie Revo and Viking Nemo

Re: Cod classic 2018

#2 Post by Fletch » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:27 pm

As promised
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yak PB's, Dusky Flathead 95cm, Sand Flathead 51cm, Snapper 57cm, Yellowbelly 59cm, Murray Cod 75cm,Whiting 37cm, Australian Salmon 58.5cm, Redfin 41.2cm, Bonito 58cm, Tailor 38cm, Bass 30cm and one monster squid 107.5cm overall..... Watch ths space.

Member of the South Coast Kayak Fisho's and Wollongong Sportfishing Club.

Return to “Freshwater Reports”