Gday from Brissy

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and say "G'day".
MarkinBrissy
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Brisbane, Moreton Bay
Kayaks: Perception Pescador Pilot, Viking Profish 400

Gday from Brissy

#1 Post by MarkinBrissy » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:48 pm

Hi all and thanks for having me aboard!

I have been a land based lure fisho for long enough.... and now I am looking to buy my first yak.
I regularly fish the local estuaries on the north and south side of Brissy. Mostly chasing flatties and whiting for a chew. I cant wait to fish the inaccesable spots I usually stare at while fishing from a bank or wading through the shallows at my regular haunts.

I am hoping to get myself something like a mini x or stealth 9 to start with. I'll just be getting my confidence and skills up in the estuaries and rivers and may be tempted out into the freshwater lakes with a yak too.

Looking forward to learning a lot from the wealth of experienced ppl here and hope to ake some new fishing buds too :grin:

Cheers,
Mark.
Last edited by MarkinBrissy on Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkinBrissy
KFDU Angler

Re: Gday from Brissy

#2 Post by MarkinBrissy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:48 pm

So,
I ended up buying a Moken 10 Lite not long after my original post. About mid march.
I got a good deal from the great ppl at Active Water Sports at Molindenar. They are a great company and their service and back up have been flawless, especially to a noob yakker!
I have loved it and love yak fishing. Managed to get out almost every weekend since.
I have fished mostly the estuaries from Hayes inlet all the way to Raby Bay.
Caught some nice flatties, bream, trevally squire and lately some tailor.

Now I have been hunting for something a little longer to hit local reefs - Raby bay, Wello, Scarborough, etc.
I have just bought a Viking 400 lite which i hope to pick up by the end of the week.
Looking forward to broadening the fishing adventure!

Ftp
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Fig tree pocket
Kayaks: Viking Profish 400, Viking Espri, Perception Sound 9.5

#3 Post by Ftp » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:36 am

check out the rigged kayaks part for ideas on what you can do to your kayak

MarkinBrissy
KFDU Angler

#4 Post by MarkinBrissy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:48 pm

Ftp wrote:check out the rigged kayaks part for ideas on what you can do to your kayak
Thanks Ftp, lots of great stuff and hours of reading there.

TJofTheBay
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: North Brisbane
Kayaks: Viking Profish 45

#5 Post by TJofTheBay » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:41 pm

MarkinBrissy wrote:So,
I ended up buying a Moken 10 Lite not long after my original post. About mid march.

Now I have been hunting for something a little longer to hit local reefs - Raby bay, Wello, Scarborough, etc.
I have just bought a Viking 400 lite which i hope to pick up by the end of the week.
Looking forward to broadening the fishing adventure!
Damn that didn't take long to upgrade , the bug must of bitten you bad lol I know all about that :lol:
The Viking 400 will be a great asset , perfect imo for the bays and estuaries around brissy .
Did you get the tackle pod with it ?

MarkinBrissy
KFDU Angler

#6 Post by MarkinBrissy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:17 am

Damn that didn't take long to upgrade , the bug must of bitten you bad lol I know all about that :lol:
The Viking 400 will be a great asset , perfect imo for the bays and estuaries around brissy .
Did you get the tackle pod with it ?
Yeah too right it bit hard!
I have been out yak fishing almost every weekend since buying the Moken.
To say it's a new found addiction puts it mildly.....
Really looking forward to getting out on the 400 and putting it through its paces
No tackle pod as yet but who knows what might be added in the future.

TJofTheBay
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: North Brisbane
Kayaks: Viking Profish 45

#7 Post by TJofTheBay » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:45 pm

I had boat for 6-7 years but sold it when my little ones come along as I just didn't have time to go out .
4-5 years later I found I had a little more time but didn't want to fork out for another boat so invested in a Yak and like you got hooked bad lol .
I find my self out 1-2 days a week , just so easy to chuck the kayak on the roof grab a box of lures and head out for a fish .
Enjoy the new kayak , you will be able to explore more water now , it'll open up a whole new addiction :lol:

Return to “New Members”