Discuss all fly fishing topics here.
arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

Forster Fly Fishing Muster - March 16/17 2019

#1 Post by arpie » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi guys

Anyone wanting to have a fly fishing weekend with some of the best casters in the country attending (and giving free lessons!)

Make sure you put your name down!! It will run largely thru Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/forsterflymust ... 7w2M8PUE2M)

So keep an eye on that - it is being updated shortly.

It is not a competition - tho there ARE prizes for the top fish in 3 species - bream flattie & whiting.

LOTS of fly fishing stuff is available for sale - and some terrific prizes thru raffles too.

Even if you are a beginner - I would recommend you try & attend this one, even tho the Forster Social is the following weekend!!!

It is usually held at the Big 4 in Tuncurry.

cheers

Roberta
Last edited by arpie on Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

arpie

Re: Forster Fly Fishing Muster - March 16/17 2019

#2 Post by arpie » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:50 am

Dear All

This years Forster Fly Muster will be held at the usual venue on March 2019 16th and 17th, with a catch up on the Friday arvo the 15th for those who can make it.

We will support the Fly Program again this year and from this point forward will look at how we can raise some funds for Matty and the program itself.
I know we all felt the good vibes and genuine support of this cause last year and I hope we can contribute something again in 2019 with your help.
Personally I have a bit on leading up to the event but didn’t want to let it slide so I’m hopefully going to get a helping hands this year so we can divide up some of the responsibilities so we can make each aspect of the event as good as it can be.

But I do want to stress that the FFM (Flyfishing, Fun, Mateship) is a low key event about sharing knowledge, enjoying the beautiful Great Lakes region and spending time with like minded kin, and of course while we are doing all this, support a worth while venture.

Please respond to my email:
bjwonemile@outlook.com with confirmation of your attendance and also shirt size.

I will use a broadcast email system to send out info and as details come to hand I’ll let you know.
At this minute I just wanted to start the ball rolling and let you all know the date and so you can tell others and the FB page will be updated as well.

We will have a similar format to last year and use the BIG 4 again, and of course have the ever popular shirt, but again more on that as it comes to hand.

Talk soon friends.

Have a great Day
Regards

Bretto Wilson

SNAIL
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: New South Wales

#3 Post by SNAIL » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:35 pm

I will be going again this year. Great weekend. Might be taking the yak this year so hopefully there are a few others with yaks.

arpie

#4 Post by arpie » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:27 pm

Yep, take your yak, Snail ..... I hope to get out in it - still haven't landed a fish on any of the FF weekends yet! :beye:

RWD
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: GlenbawnDam, Hunter River, Glennies Creek Dam
Kayaks: Howie Outfitter

#5 Post by RWD » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:54 am

I am going for a few days including the weekend. I have registered as have a few from my fly club . We will be taking our yaks.

The club had a day yesterdaywith Brett Clark demonstrating some flies that he and Cherie use and work well at Forster.When I see you Roberta some that I have tied up will no doubt finish in your fly box.

Looking forward to the weekend

Rod

arpie

#6 Post by arpie » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:57 am

Terrific, Rod! Look forward to catching up again. I've not used the long wand all year ..... since last FFFM!! :beye:

Hopefully this year I'll catch something! They also do a 'non competitive' 3 species comp .... Bream, Whiting & Flattie ....

Just now, the medication is killing my hands - particularly the thumbs. I'll be seeing my Onc & asking if I can change meds - it is buggering up both my uke and my fishing! :cry:

Gorgeous day here today - about to hit the water!! :lek:

Roberta

RWD
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: GlenbawnDam, Hunter River, Glennies Creek Dam
Kayaks: Howie Outfitter

#7 Post by RWD » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:16 am

Roberta its not good re your hands. Hopefully a change in medication works. You would be bad news to be around with no fishing and no uke.LOL !!!

Return to “Fly Fishing”