In the market for a new rods .

Discuss fishing tackle related topics here.
TJofTheBay
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: North Brisbane
Kayaks: Viking Profish 45

In the market for a new rods .

#1 Post by TJofTheBay » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:18 am

Well I didn't think I would ever be in the market for new rods ! On the weekend I was getting my old trusty 1-3kg and 3-6kg blackdiamond flats ranger rods ( blackdiamond no longer make rods :( ) out of my car when my gorgeous little 5yo girl shut the door on them as I was getting them out , both snapped straight in two :cry: . I was shattered just like my rods .

So I am in the market for 2 new rods , but not having to buy a fishing rod for the past 10 years I have no idea what is out there these days and was hoping to get some help getting pointed in the right direction for what brands/models to look at in the 100-200 budget range . I prefer 7 foot rods mainly to help with casting distance and only use hard body's so I don't want anything with fast tapers .

Any help would be most appreciated .
Troy

Ftp
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Fig tree pocket
Kayaks: Viking Profish 400, Viking Espri, Perception Sound 9.5

Re: In the market for a new rods .

#2 Post by Ftp » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:31 pm

There is the AFTA tackle show on in a week or so. It's where all the new products are released and lots of deals are done so there should be heaps of good rods on offer in about 2-3 weeks if you can wait that long. The price range and line class etc that you are looking at is easily the most competitive section of the market, you will get a good deal!!

Bassifier
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Sydney

Re: In the market for a new rods .

#3 Post by Bassifier » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:51 am

Do you want a 2 - 5kg 7ft flats Ranger?

Return to “Tackle Talk”