Burrill Lake

NSW Southern Highlands, our freshwater paradise. For General Inquiries please PM Sharksaus, Haynesy or Loveshisfishing
sharksaus
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: NSW Southern Highlands , Illawarra and Shoalhaven
Kayaks: Hobie Outback, Malibu Mini X Stealth 9

Burrill Lake

#1 Post by sharksaus » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Not sure who looks here any more
A few of us are heading to burrill once again in March
12th to the 15th
Come along and enjoy the place
:grin:
NSW SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS KAYAK FISHO'S
NSW SOUTH COAST KAYAK FISHO'S

YAK PB: Flathead 55 cm: Bream 35 cm Fork: Carp 68 cm : Estuary Perch 34cm Fork : Bass 38.5cm Fork : Tailor 58 cm : Jewfish 80cm : Redfin 33cm :Leather Jacket 29cm :Yellowbelly 54cm :Murray Cod 58cm : Whiting 30cm fl : Toad 25cm :Snapper 26cm:

FitzroyFisher
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Southern Highlands
Kayaks: Explorer Angler From Spring Creek Outdoors

Re: Burrill Lake

#2 Post by FitzroyFisher » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:52 am

Darn!
I just missed this, only just back on the forum yesterday...
Glad to see you're about and sticking it out!
Louis.
English Perch: 44cm, Brown Trout: 63cm (6lb), Rainbow Trout: 60cm (3lb), Carp 90cm (17lb), Golden Perch: 35cm, Snapper; 54cm ,
AU Bass: 46cm, Tailor 65cm, Leatherjacket: 33cm, Australian Salmon: 81cm, Dusky Flathead: 55cm

Beardypaul
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Georges & Woronora Rivers, Southern Highlands
Kayaks: Hobie Outback, Minnow, Scanoe

#3 Post by Beardypaul » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:57 am

hi all as a few of us have time on our hands now, here is a question. Does going fishing in a 1 man kayak count as isolation?
As for Burril lake, I got quite a few Tailor up to about 34 cm, plus two small snapper, Dropped a flattie at the yak, and lost a double Crank to something that chewed through the leader about 6 inches up the leader.
Saturday was eventful. lost steering on the yak just when the big southerly hit, of course, I was at the furthest point from the van park, up at the drop off in the main channel. So using my paddle to steer with I made my way over to Kevin who was having his own troubles, with his electric motor experiment, A flat battery and about 100 metres of line around the prop.
so we teamed up he could steer while I was the main power plant, took us about 50 minutes to get back. but we did it under our own steam.
steering was the centre bolt had come loose and dropped the up-down control loop off the pulley, so the big sailing rudder kept lifting to the top of the water.
wouldn't mind hearing from Bill, and Conan to see how they ventured, have you heard from them?

Steve R
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Eden and thereabouts
Kayaks: Hurricane Skimmer; Racing TK1 (Mr Tippy).

#4 Post by Steve R » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:40 pm

Beardypaul wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:57 am
hi all as a few of us have time on our hands now, here is a question. Does going fishing in a 1 man kayak count as isolation?
Had a response but changed my mind and deleted it. None of us are experts at interpreting the rules. If there are good guidelines available, I haven't seen them. I would not want to say something that makes you decide one way or another.
Cheers,
Steve
(Salmonaholic)
Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing its not fish they are after - Henry Thoreau

woodsy
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: illawarra/south coast
Kayaks: PRO ANGLER 12

#5 Post by woodsy » Wed May 13, 2020 4:39 pm

Had a good weekend at Burril. Caught a lot of fish mainly on blades in the deeper water nothing off the edges an 1 bream on the flats
Cheers Bill

12 PA12
Kayak PBs
Bream 36.5cm,Black Bream 43cm,Bass 43cm,Bass 34cm (fly ) Cod 60cm Flathead 73cm,Whiting 37cm,Tailor 62cm,EP 35cm,Travelly 51cm,Jew 55cm,Snapper 46.5cm,Blackfish 36cm
New PB's Murry Cod 60cm
Member of nsw south coast kayak fisho's
Member of Southern Highlands Kayak Fisho's

Return to “NSW Southern Highlands Kayak Fisho's”