Brisbane river Bass and/or Bullshark trip

Want to organise a fishing trip? Post the details here!
Forum rules
WARNING: Kayaking, and Kayak Fishing can be DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES, and present a number of inherent risks.

Participation in any events organised using the Co-ordinated Trips section is entirely at your own risk. Neither the organising member(s), nor the administration team of the Kayak Fishing Down Under Forum, can accept any responsibility for loss, damage, injury or death arising from kayak fishing trips.

It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that they paddle and fish within their ability, and not to put themselves in harm’s way.

Even where safety suggestions are offered within the trips section, or elsewhere on the KFDU site, it is up to the individual kayaker to ensure that precautions appropriate to your trip circumstances are undertaken, and that all legal requirements of your state or territory are followed.

If you do not agree to these guidelines, please do not attend events organised in this section.
Ftp
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Fig tree pocket
Kayaks: Viking Profish 400, Viking Espri, Perception Sound 9.5

Brisbane river Bass and/or Bullshark trip

#1 Post by Ftp » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:55 pm

G'day all,

long time in between posts but this is the place that got me into kayak fishing so here goes...
Tomorrow morning (Friday 26/10/2018) I'll be heading off on a Bass mission in the Brisbane River, the last couple of trips have had quite a few sharks joining in so why not combine the 2 targets into one trip?!
I'll be taking my trusty 8lb Bass baitcast combo as well as a 20lb outfit with some much larger lures just in case the sharks show up.. The sharks have been really destroying decent sized Mullet near the surface which has made for spectacular viewing (I really need a go-pro..) so I'll be taking some stickbaits and swimbaits as something a bit bigger than a Luckycraft Clutch 45DR.

Launcing from Kookaburra park in Karana Downs at or bout 5:45am for a 3-4 hour mission

beetle
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Brisbane River/SEQ Dams/Moreton Bay
Kayaks: Viking Profish GT, Aspire 105

Re: Brisbane river Bass and/or Bullshark trip

#2 Post by beetle » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:05 pm

Holy crap mate! It has been a long time between drinks seeing you here.

Yes, I'm still here too and pop in from time to time. I know I've already responded to your other post on the Book Farce, but work kinda keeps getting in the way. Anyways, I'm not stalking you........really, truly.

Hope you get onto something. Maybe, if you get a Bass, Mr Shark might decide that poor old Mr Bass is a good option for breakfast. I've had that happen before a few times around those parts!

Ftp
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Fig tree pocket
Kayaks: Viking Profish 400, Viking Espri, Perception Sound 9.5

Re: Brisbane river Bass and/or Bullshark trip

#3 Post by Ftp » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:19 pm

hahahaha no worries about the stalking!!
anyway.. when you hear something strike on the surface and you spin around to hurl a lure their way, it would be more productive with the right choice of offering.. hard to catch a Bass on a lure of a similar size.. probably too distracting targeting 2 completely different sized fish in the same waters. I think if I had just taken Bass gear I would have had more luck.

Return to “Coordinated Fishing Trips”