Echuca, Dubbo, Coffs Harbour - January 2019

Want to organise a fishing trip? Post the details here!
Forum rules
WARNING: Kayaking, and Kayak Fishing can be DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES, and present a number of inherent risks.

Participation in any events organised using the Co-ordinated Trips section is entirely at your own risk. Neither the organising member(s), nor the administration team of the Kayak Fishing Down Under Forum, can accept any responsibility for loss, damage, injury or death arising from kayak fishing trips.

It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that they paddle and fish within their ability, and not to put themselves in harm’s way.

Even where safety suggestions are offered within the trips section, or elsewhere on the KFDU site, it is up to the individual kayaker to ensure that precautions appropriate to your trip circumstances are undertaken, and that all legal requirements of your state or territory are followed.

If you do not agree to these guidelines, please do not attend events organised in this section.
Ads22
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Rockhampton/Capricornia
Kayaks: Extreme Kayaks Fish Bandit; Viking Profish Reload

Echuca, Dubbo, Coffs Harbour - January 2019

#1 Post by Ads22 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:16 pm

Time has come for me to venture south for a brief stint. While the trip down from Rockhampton will be a quick one, the journey back is intended to be a little more leisurely. I am looking to stop at each of Echuca, Dubbo and Coffs for 2 whole days on the way back north, on the way to the Sunshine Coast, with my Viking Profish GT in tow.

If anyone is free during my intended travel, I'd love to fish with a local. If anyone has any tips for the areas, please fire them at me. I'll probably only have a short session in each place if the weather plays nice, but would love a chance to get onto a Murray Cod. At Coffs, well, anything goes there!

Dates are subject to change, but at this stage (with intervening days for driving) look like they'll be:

Echuca - January 5 and 6

Dubbo - January 8 and 9

Coffs Harbour - January 11 and 12

If I get on the water, and especially if I have any luck, will certainly whack up a report.

Cheers,

Adam
Yak PBs
Estuary Cod 50cm; Mangrove Jack 49cm; Barra 108cm; Flathead - dusky 62cm; Flathead - bartail 51cm; Flounder 28cm; Forktail Catfish 60cm; Bream 32cm, Sand whiting 30cm; Striped Butterfish/Scat 20cm; Barred Javelin 47cm; Bull Shark 80cm; Queenfish 103cm; Tarpon 60cm; Golden Perch 47cm; Estuary Perch 33cm; Saratoga 72cm; Leathery Grunter 43cm.

rocky
Club Co-ordinator
Local Fishing Region: Australia, I could be anywhere or everywhere
Kayaks: Hobie Outback & SWMBO's SUP

Re: Echuca, Dubbo, Coffs Harbour - January 2019

#2 Post by rocky » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:04 am

Hi Adam
Sounds like a good trip coming up. I had a fish at Echuca back in August but no good, the river looks fishy there. We are at Lake Mulwala at the moment and I landed my first Murray Cod this morning 63cm.
Have good trip and may cart have up later in 2019 when we are back up that way.

Jim (rocky)
Ivory Dune Hobie Outback
Yak PB: Flathead 80cm, Bream 41cm, Whiting 43cm, Tailor 50cm, Tandanus tandanus 52cm, Mullet 40cm, Barramundi 73cm, Snapper 42cm, Barred Grunter (Javelin) 47cm, Mangrove Jack 44cm Murray Cod 63cm (more to come one day)
Member of

pazz
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Coffs Harbour / Nth Coast NSW
Kayaks: Wilderness Aspire 105, 2015 Revo 13

#3 Post by pazz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:59 am

Hi Adam,
I will be around (Coffs) on Saturday 12th.
Happy to catch up for a fish somewhere - lots of options.
Cheers
Steve.

Ads22
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Rockhampton/Capricornia
Kayaks: Extreme Kayaks Fish Bandit; Viking Profish Reload

#4 Post by Ads22 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:11 pm

Cheers Rocky, congrats on the Cod! I'm sure Echuca could be very fishy, it's a matter of whether I can find the time on the water, and then find where they're hiding! :lol: Look forward to catching up next time you're up this way.

Hey Pazz, that would be cool if all goes to plan! Plans may change, but have booked a site in for 10-13th. Time is expected to be limited a little, so hopefully weather will be kind. Offshore or creek, probably doesn't matter too much, but imagine it should be Mack/Tuna season, right? Will only have the GT and not the Reload, but may be feasible if things go well. Also have limitations in that my wife will still be unable to drive and still on crutches. Fingers crossed things work out!
Yak PBs
Estuary Cod 50cm; Mangrove Jack 49cm; Barra 108cm; Flathead - dusky 62cm; Flathead - bartail 51cm; Flounder 28cm; Forktail Catfish 60cm; Bream 32cm, Sand whiting 30cm; Striped Butterfish/Scat 20cm; Barred Javelin 47cm; Bull Shark 80cm; Queenfish 103cm; Tarpon 60cm; Golden Perch 47cm; Estuary Perch 33cm; Saratoga 72cm; Leathery Grunter 43cm.

Return to “Coordinated Fishing Trips”