Cod Classic 2014 - Camping Options.

An annual event showcasing the mighty Murray Cod
BigPete68
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: NE Vic / Southern NSW
Kayaks: Hobie Outback. "Down n Dirty"

Cod Classic 2014 - Camping Options.

#1 Post by BigPete68 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:53 pm

Ok guys I have sorted some camping options for this years 2014 Cod Classic.

DC on the Lake. Where we camped last year. 2 options.
1. Powered site for campers and tents etc. showers etc in a block close by the sites. $25 per person per night. Book your site direct with Amanda on 03 5744 1393.
2. Cabin. I have booked and paid the deposit on 1 cabin right at the top of the ramp. Booked Thursday till Wednesday (week rate) Room for 5-6 blokes. Another cabin is available next door so still at top of ramp. These cabins go for $240 a night in Dec but we can have a weekly rate of $100 a night. Brand new cabins with AC and big verandah overlooking the lake at top of ramp. Pm me if your interested in sharing a cabin and I will make arrangements. See pics.

Next door is Kyffins Reserve. Bush camping. No amenities. Free no cost. Available if that's your thing. Be warned that this year is later in Dec and it can be +40c out here then so it's the luck of the draw guys.

Cabin 1 residents. I will update as news comes in.
Big Pete
Pato
Maxfli113
Damo
Josh

Cabin 2 residents.
Old Yakka
Blackant

Fletch
Jobbo

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BigPete68 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Cheers, Pete.
Yak Fishin Tragic and tortured father of teenage girls.
Member of -
Far South NSW Coast Kayak Fishing Club.
NSW Southern Highlands Kayak Fishos.

Artie01
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Malua Bay, the Bidgee and the Lachlan when I can......
Kayaks: 2010 Revo 13 2105 Revo 13 Quest 11 and a couple of racing ski's.....

Re: Cod Classic 2014 - Camping Options.

#2 Post by Artie01 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Tempted to cabin it, its a long haul from the South Coast towing the camper trailer......

But....

Snoring would probably see me dragged outside during the night and dropped in the lake... :roll: :beye: :cry:
....><))))*>....<*((((><....><))))*>....<*((((><....><))))*>....<*((((><.....
PB 75 cm Salmon, 76 cm Flathead, 55cm Yella, 80cm Cod, 42cm Whiting, 41cm Bream, 70cm Snap, 2m Mako..... yeah!

Member of -

BigPete68
KFDU Angler

#3 Post by BigPete68 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:05 pm

Your in the cabin mate. No worse than me, Pato and who could forget Michael. :grin:
Cheers, Pete.
Member of -

michael56
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: South Coast
Kayaks: Malibu Mini X Hobie PA12

#4 Post by michael56 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:49 pm

BigPete68 wrote:Your in the cabin mate. No worse than me, Pato and who could forget Michael. :grin:
That,s a bit harsh Peter, :roll: :lol: . I have just lost 10kg and had an operation on my back. So I am like a new person, the back op has really made a big difference. So now I sleep like a baby an snore like a princess. I will have the camper with me cause I want to have a look at Kow Swamp ??? And then come back for the comp. So I will go for the powered site option and give Amanda a ring tomorrow. Looking forward to catching up with the team again and hopefully we will have a few more this time. Where is Pato these days???? (Any one interested in having a look around Kow Swamp etc before the comp I plan to be down there camping for a week before the comp so if you are interested give me a hoy.) ( I reckon Burrunjuck Dam might be a stop of point on the way back for a few days as we'll. ) :lek:
Cheers
Michael
PS . I'm retire this coming Friday :grin: :grin: :cool: :love:
Michael56
Hobie PA 12 & Malibu Mini X
Mobile 0413138401

Damo_Mc
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Canberra, Upper Murrumbidgee, Snowy Mountains
Kayaks: Hobie Oasis

#5 Post by Damo_Mc » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:38 pm

Kyffins Reserve also has the habit of catching on fire as a result of poorly maintained camp fires... the last thing the local RFS need on a 30 degree plus day.

Cheers, Damo

Gazzaguru
KFDU 3000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Illawarra NSW
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Hobie Pro-Angler, Old Town Vapour

#6 Post by Gazzaguru » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:11 am

Damo_Mc wrote:Kyffins Reserve also has the habit of catching on fire as a result of poorly maintained camp fires... the last thing the local RFS need on a 30 degree plus day.

Cheers, Damo
Not much timber left there to burn Damo lol. A tornado went through the place last year. Good advice though. It gets bloody hot down there. 2 years ago we had a 45 degree day down there. Still 30 degrees at midnight. Long drink that night. Too hot to sleep. :cool: Gaz
PB,S from the yak - Amberjack 38cm, Bass 40cm, Bream 35cm, Bonito 36cm, Catfish 29cm, flathead 73cm, Redfin 35cm, EP 34cm, golden perch 55cm, murray cod 73cm, salmon 45cm silver trevally 43cm, tailor 39cm, whiting 40cm.
member of NSW South Coast Kayak Fishos.

Whoever invented these on call rosters for work needs a rocket fair up their clacka.

Artie01
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Malua Bay, the Bidgee and the Lachlan when I can......
Kayaks: 2010 Revo 13 2105 Revo 13 Quest 11 and a couple of racing ski's.....

#7 Post by Artie01 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:57 pm

Gazzaguru wrote:
Damo_Mc wrote:Kyffins Reserve also has the habit of catching on fire as a result of poorly maintained camp fires... the last thing the local RFS need on a 30 degree plus day.

Cheers, Damo
Not much timber left there to burn Damo lol. A tornado went through the place last year. Good advice though. It gets bloody hot down there. 2 years ago we had a 45 degree day down there. Still 30 degrees at midnight. Long drink that night. Too hot to sleep. :cool: Gaz
And then we had that bloody storm come through with wind and horizontal rain, my camper windows were up and I got soaked and froze..... and hours before it was broiling.... bloody confused.... luck of the draw is right Pete..... doesn't look like Im going to make it guys. Work is rearing its ugly head again and a lil ones wedding will only just be done and dusted at that point.... :oops:
....><))))*>....<*((((><....><))))*>....<*((((><....><))))*>....<*((((><.....
PB 75 cm Salmon, 76 cm Flathead, 55cm Yella, 80cm Cod, 42cm Whiting, 41cm Bream, 70cm Snap, 2m Mako..... yeah!

Member of -

Jonnyc
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: NSW east coast
Kayaks: ocean kayak P13 & Cobra tandem

#8 Post by Jonnyc » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:31 pm

guys just wondering what the dates are for the classic?

BigPete68
KFDU Angler

#9 Post by BigPete68 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:37 pm

Jonnyc wrote:guys just wondering what the dates are for the classic?
Dec 5, 6 & 7. Fishing 6 & 7. Have a look at www.codclassic.com.au
Cheers, Pete.
Member of -

BigPete68
KFDU Angler

#10 Post by BigPete68 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:43 pm

Artie01 wrote:
Gazzaguru wrote:

Cheers, Damo
And then we had that bloody storm come through with wind and horizontal rain, my camper windows were up and I got soaked and froze..... and hours before it was broiling.... bloody confused.... luck of the draw is right Pete..... doesn't look like Im going to make it guys. Work is rearing its ugly head again and a lil ones wedding will only just be done and dusted at that point.... :oops:
That's damn disappointing news ol mate :cry:
Cheers, Pete.
Member of -

Return to “Annual Cod Classic - Lake Mulwala”