Social Flathead Challenge I (Results and Trip Reports)

If you like competing in a friendly, low pressure setting then this is a great place to check out our social competitions
robtarr
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Brisbane

Re: Social Flathead Challenge (Results and Trip Reports)

#16 Post by robtarr » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:07 pm

Congrats to Kreel - take a bow mate. Great to meet up with you, Tacklebox and Keen-as-Fisho for an enjoyable morning session. Bummer I had to pull the pin early with only one fish on the board - looks like the incoming tide and the shift upstream delivered - hope we can do it all again soon.

Fantastic effort from the Leper for organising the event and developing the template for future use.

cheers Rob

Ray7
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: South East Queensland/ To Hunter in NSW
Kayaks: Hobie Outback -- Malibu Sierra 10

#17 Post by Ray7 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:19 pm

Firstly well done to everyone and I feel this format will work great, again to all who competed and organised it thank's :ha: s.
Our day didn't go too plan personal problems and the dam fish didn't want to play, we did learn one thing no more warm up the day before it work great that day but the next day thing just didn't happen. We did a lot of paddling, plus had a nice lunch out.
On return too the ramp whilst packing a couple pull up too fish, they baited up and toss out and would you not believe they pull a 65 cm flathead of the boat ramp and all they had for bait was chicken breast fillet :mad1: , so when you lucks in it's in and when it's not it's not. All I can say bring on the bass round :ll:
Diamond Heads 17-7-10 004.JPG
Diamond Heads 17-7-10 006.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobie Outback, Malibu Sierra 10
Grandkid - 6
Stocked Bass 50cm / Wild Bass 42cm Barramundi 110cm /Sooty Grunter 47cm.
Bream 28cm / Big eye Travelly 32cm/Snapper 48cm.
Whiting 34cm / Flathead 70cm, Cod 75cm, Yellowbelly 47cm.
Happy Moments 29cm (Black Travelly- Siganus Nebulosus)

Member of the Gold Coast/Northern Rivers Kayak Fishing Club

Jools
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Wherever my feet take me.

#18 Post by Jools » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Gday there. Well done to Kreel, Physhopath and Leper. Great report and pics from everyone.
Good onya Leper for your efforts in organising this event. :bg:

Seems like it went off well even if the fish were being a bit stubborn for some. :sad1:

Have managed to upload a pic for old salty (before he starts pulling his hair out) !! He was trying to upload
this pic to Leper, at least this one's got his tail in. There are some more pics of the boys and the day out but we
will have to sort them out later.

Cheers :smi:
Photo No.2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brez

#19 Post by brez » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:46 pm

congratulations to you all there was some fantastic lizards there and some very nice pics . well done on organising such a well organised and obviously very successful day LEPER , often the behind the scenes work goes un-noticed . looking forward to the next one . cheers

BREZ

Return to “KFDU Social Fishing Competitions”